Wiki Posts
Search

HawaiianMiles Transfer - Issue/Glitch?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:58 am
Original Poster

HawaiianMiles Transfer - Issue/Glitch?

Greetings guys,

So i transferred MR points to my HawaiianMiles account this morning - 55k to be exact. The transfer was instant and my HM account was credited and I proceeded to successfully book HNL-PPT.
Afterwards, I went back to my amex and the activity details page says that my transfer was canceled and the 55k credited back to my Amex.
I used all those points to book my trip on Hawaiian - I have a confirmed ticket and seats - those points are gone from HM but still on my amex. I hope it isn't possible that my Hawaiian ticket can be canceled because of this.
Will amex straighten this out on their end?
merice107107 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Just an update in case anyone was curious.
It's been a few days and it seems like Amex had a bit of hiccup with the transfer and basically gave me 55k HawaiianMiles. Never would've thought anything like that was possible. Can't imagine this is a typical occurrence, but curious if it's one of those things that happens every now and then.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Originally Posted by Rnw124
Just an update in case anyone was curious.
It's been a few days and it seems like Amex had a bit of hiccup with the transfer and basically gave me 55k HawaiianMiles. Never would've thought anything like that was possible. Can't imagine this is a typical occurrence, but curious if it's one of those things that happens every now and then.
Sounds like you lucky day! Enjoy. I booked the same route for travel this summer. Certainly one of the more unique routes out there.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by merice107107
Sounds like you lucky day! Enjoy. I booked the same route for travel this summer. Certainly one of the more unique routes out there.
Well not so fast - Amex ending up taking the points days later. Oh well, too good to be true!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
I have been having issues as well, except in my case I transferred 30k amex to HA, nothing posted and after 36 hours, the transfer was reversed and I got my MR points back. Anyone know what's going on? I really want to book a ticket before the space goes away. Problem doesn't seem to be just my account as my wife is unable to even link her HA account to her MR account and another friend tried to transfer to his HA account and his transfer was reversed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.