Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Business and Bill.com benefit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriot, Alaska Air, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors Diamond, British Airways
AMEX Business and Bill.com benefit

I just received an email about this new benefit using Bill.com to pay vendor payments electronically while receiving all of the benefits from using my Amex Card. For vendors that don't accept Amex cards they will pay by check or ACH.

Has anyone used this program using the pay by check or ACH feature? If so...did you get your Membership Reward points? The fee structure looks great when compared to Plastiq...which doesn't accept Amex cards for business expenses anyway.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:49 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dqdude
..... used this program using the pay by check or ACH feature? If so...did you get your Membership Reward points? ......
I do not see anything suggesting that rewards are earned on payments by ACH or check.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:00 am
Suspended

Got the email too but didn't see anything other than:

Only for American Express® Business and Corporate Card Members: receive, route, and pay invoices electronically when you create an account and enroll your card in Vendor Pay by Bill.com, all while earning the rewards of your Card.

https://business.americanexpress.com...ons/vendor-pay
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by dqdude
I just received an email about this new benefit using Bill.com to pay vendor payments electronically while receiving all of the benefits from using my Amex Card. For vendors that don't accept Amex cards they will pay by check or ACH.

Has anyone used this program using the pay by check or ACH feature? If so...did you get your Membership Reward points? The fee structure looks great when compared to Plastiq...which doesn't accept Amex cards for business expenses anyway.
I looked in to this today extensively. You only earn MR points if you pay your vendors using your Amex. You do not earn MR points on ACH payments. I agree, it is slightly confusing the way they worded in that email, it does make you think you can sign up for Bill.com and start paying everyone using ACH and somehow still earn MR points. That is not the case.
mia likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:05 am

Can you use your Amex / earn points by having the company charge the Amex and send a paper check to the vendor?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by slm9555
Can you use your Amex / earn points by having the company charge the Amex and send a paper check to the vendor?
Negative. Bottom line here is there is a fee to process a CC. No one is eating that fee for you, or awarding you MR points without a corresponding fee to match it.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by PilotJoe91

I looked in to this today extensively. You only earn MR points if you pay your vendors using your Amex. You do not earn MR points on ACH payments. I agree, it is slightly confusing the way they worded in that email, it does make you think you can sign up for Bill.com and start paying everyone using ACH and somehow still earn MR points. That is not the case.
To clarify, if you want to send an ACH payment, AMEX is no longer involved, or they can charge your AMEX for a fee to create an ACH payment?
Old Nov 13, 2023, 10:15 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PilotJoe91
You do not earn MR points on ACH payments. I agree, it is slightly confusing the way they worded in that email, it does make you think you can sign up for Bill.com and start paying everyone using ACH and somehow still earn MR points. That is not the case.
Resurrecting an old thread -- can someone please confirm this?
Old Nov 13, 2023, 11:11 pm

Yes. If you send check/ACH, it has nothing to do with AmEx and gets deducted from your bank account.
If your vendor accepts cc, you can use amex.bill.com to send them payment via virtual cc number that’s had a one-time limit of the amount you request.
Hope that clarifies.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 7:53 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nemenor
Yes. If you send check/ACH, it has nothing to do with AmEx and gets deducted from your bank account.
If your vendor accepts cc, you can use amex.bill.com to send them payment via virtual cc number that’s had a one-time limit of the amount you request.
Hope that clarifies.
Thank you for clarifying -- my vendor only takes check/ACH/wire transfers. So, if I need to earn MR points in my transactions with Amex, is Plastiq the only solution? I have never used this service before. Will appreciate anyone sharing their experiences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.