Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Hilton Honors "add users now"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer4512

My dad has the NAF Hilton card and a 150K Aspire card upgrade offer is sitting in his accountHilton Honors American Express Aspire Card

Upgrade and earn 150,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.†

What might be the reason that your dad has the invite in his account and other NAF Hilton Card holders don't get the invitation?

Originally Posted by flyer4512

There is a lot of value in Chase cards beyond UR.................Southwest and companion pass which gives you UNLIMITED free flights for a second person for close to 2 years is one we use

We are currently sitting on about 4 million airline miles and 2 million hotel points in addition to the 7 trips we already have booked for 2019
Which Southwest card gives you the benefits that you like the most?

I hope to figure out how to get points like you are able to get.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by iowa guy
What might be the reason that your dad has the invite in his account and other NAF Hilton Card holders don't get the invitation?

Which Southwest card gives you the benefits that you like the most?

I hope to figure out how to get points like you are able to get.

My wife and I both used the same Hilton upgrade offer that my dad has , odd that all 3 of us had/have it but not you..............are you sure you're looking in the right place ? I believe you have to have had the card at least one year before the upgrades arrive but I'm not 100% positive.

A Southwest Business card and personal card will put you well on your way to getting companion pass until 12/31/2020. That is where the Value lies as it's UNLIMITED 2/1 flights for nearly 2 years and you can pay for the one flight using Southwest points so in reality it's 2 free flights.

Go over to the Southwest forum and look around, all the info is right there.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Flyer4512, are you above the Chase 5/24 rule? If so, do you care that you are?

Do you churn the Southwest card?

Regarding the Hilton Upgrade offer, I had the Cit HIlton card then I think it became the Amex Hilton card. I don't think I've had the Amex Hilton card a year yet.

Last edited by iowa guy; Feb 12, 2019 at 10:47 am
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:36 pm
Suspended

I just got the basic no annual fee Hilton Amex card with 100K after 1000 spent offer. Also got added a card for someone else (real person). The card numbers for both are the same except for the last 3 numbers.

Is the 100K offer only good for charges on just my card or a combo of the two?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:46 pm

Charges from the main card or AU are good towards min spend.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Charges from the main card or AU are good towards min spend.
Only?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
See this thread from 2017 for parallel promotion:

5000 MR for adding authorized user - Plat (USA) question

My recollection is that many people added three users, but received only one bonus. My impression is that this tended to occur if the users were not real, but I do not recall if the thread explicitly confirms.
My recollection is people adding the users either on the same day or within a closely clustered days.

Online AMEX system requires SSN to add AU. On the phone the rep can take passport number, or with the tax ID provided later.
However if no SSN or acceptable ID doc info provided within the next couple months, the AU card would be canceled.
Given AMEX delayed posting of bonus, that means people do need to use real person(s) to get their AU bonuses.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This bonus does require a spend. $250 in 3 months. Does that mean it is less likely that I will end up getting a 1099?

If I add users with their social security numbers, will the cardholders that I add have any tax / income implications? I can probably talk a few people into letting me add them but I don't want them to have any issues with it. Will their credit score get a hit from this?
Soon the persons whose SSN you used, would receive solicitation of credit cards from AMEX. Never failed each time I added my brother as an AU for AU bonus, that also applies to Chase.
One of the main goals for the issuers is to collect data for potential applicants. So beware.

How did you get the 150k HH upgrade promotion? Did you get invited to do this?

I try to churn as much as I can but I haven't got the knowhow for it yet.My credit score is 800+ too but I don't get many invitations for cards with good bonuses for spending.
I am in the camp of 5K AU bonus is too small to be bothered.

Nobody knows how the invitations are generated. However it is very common for Aspire card ($459) upgrade offer on the HH no fee card. Not so common on the Ascend card ($95)

Check your AMEX online account - the Aspire upgrade often is showing in the AMEX offers. I have seen an Ascend upgrade in my AMEX offer. My husband has received an email a few months ago for the Ascend upgrade. We did not take such.

The Aspire upgrade offers once again show up in our AMEX offers, for the N times.

There is an AMEX site to check for the HH Ascend Upgrade offer - i.e. input your AMEX log in and the site would either show the upgrade offer or tell you there is a system error (you are not eligible). You may want to do some googling to see if you can find it.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by QtownDave
Only?
Not sure I follow you. If you’re trying to infer that both the primary and AU card each get a 100k, no.

But AU card spend will count towards min spend, HH points, etc, just as if it were the main card being swiped.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Not sure I follow you. If you’re trying to infer that both the primary and AU card each get a 100k, no.

But AU card spend will count towards min spend, HH points, etc, just as if it were the main card being swiped.
The 2nd paragraph is what I was asking about
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:40 pm

Ah, ok. Think of the AU card as a second primary card. All the same account, same bill, same ending. So if you add your spouse as an AU you’re still footing the bill, and still get the points in your account.
QtownDave likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Happy
The Aspire upgrade offers once again show up in our AMEX offers, for the N times.
What are N times?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What are N times?
In mathematics term N is a natural number as in the term of N + 1. N + 2. etc.

In general expression, N often is used to express "so many times that one has lost count on how many."

Just receive another email offer addressed to husband for a 150K upgrade to Ascend. No expiration date. This is the 2nd or 3rd time he has received this. The upgrade to Aspire shows up in his (and my) online accounts N times, and they are currently present again, after a few weeks absence. I have seen it at least 6 or 7 or 8 times since Aspire has been introduced.

Virtually everyone I know has seen the 150K Aspire upgrade in his / her online account under the Amex Offers many times. Most prefer to upgrade to Ascend first, as DPs show, upgrade from Ascend to Aspire would inevitably show up again.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:17 pm

Is the upgrade offer for 150K actually from Amex? Or from some random looking email address? I have gotten a number of big offers, but none directly from Amex.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The Hilton upgrade offer mentioned in this thread seems to appear in your account when logged into americanexpress.com. There may also be email versions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.