Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2019 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite (except UK)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 20, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion of UK Centurion has been segregated:

Centurion Card (United Kingdom)
Print Wikipost

2019 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite (except UK)?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 7:37 am

I don't think the limit is at $600k any more. I cross that every year, have great credit (805 mid score), pay the statements prior to close, and am easy to find online in numerous reputable articles. I live in the wealthiest county in my state. Either it's a limited number or I've been blackballed.
Old May 27, 2019, 9:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Music
I live in the wealthiest county in my state. Either it's a limited number or I've been blackballed.
-OR- PHLondoner is correct, and the spending threshold for someone in your area is much higher than the spending threshold in an area with lower per capita income. That fact that this didn't seem to have been true when Centurion was introduced does not mean it couldn't be true now.
Old May 27, 2019, 2:15 pm

You have people just waiting for some real added value benefit to be added after haircut after haircut. I noticed that AX still has a relationship with American Airlines as they offer the Biz Extra charge card. So I hope one day I can get complimentary American Airlines Status at a decent level like Exec Plat.
Old May 27, 2019, 2:27 pm

Benefits

My guess is each of Amex, Chase and Citi have agreements with Delta, United and American that won't allow for that wish, as nice as it may be.

Amex did confirm for me that the Boingo plan won't be going away for Centurion, just Platinum, though I find that illogical.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:40 pm

New Centurion card holder from NL!!!

Hi all,

Got the invite 3 weeks ago and received the card today.
Not sure if its worth it but can now cross this one off from my bucket list!
hawata likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
Does anyone know if a letter from a Centurion Member with 4M plus in spending to recommend one makes a difference....?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by hawata
Does anyone know if a letter from a Centurion Member with 4M plus in spending to recommend one makes a difference....?
From the information out it depends what the 4m spend is on? Lots of travel, dining, events may get the invite.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....a Centurion Member with 4M plus in spending ....
Who is spending $4 million, you or the existing Centurion member?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by mia
Who is spending $4 million, you or the existing Centurion member?
No, my friend is and has the card for several years. He said he could send a letter to his Rep suggesting to invite me... Just wondering if that would do anything. As my spending is currently less 200K a year....
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
No, my friend is and has the card for several years. He said he could send a letter to his Rep suggesting to invite me... Just wondering if that would do anything. As my spending is currently less 200K a year....
I seriously doubt that a letter from your friend would have any impact on you getting an invite. Unless your friend also happens to be an executive at Amex.
mia and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
I seriously doubt that a letter from your friend would have any impact on you getting an invite. Unless your friend also happens to be an executive at Amex.
thank you for the feedback. I was just looking for some guidance....
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
A call from a Centurion member can make a difference, no matter how much they spend. When you call Amex USA as a Centurion member, they at least listen to you and try to help.

I called to get a German friend a card, as he was moving to the US. They tried really hard to help me, but the fact that he did not have a SS# and effectively had zero credit history in the US, stopped the deal.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:50 pm

You may qualify with a European AMEX!
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Need a friend with a Centurion.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 4:05 pm

Long time lurker - all the info in this thread and in across flyertalk is so helpful. Thank you all!

I have a personal plat but moving to a business plat (that's what it's actually used for) based on a recommendation for amex to get the business cent

$8.2m in spend last year and $6.7m YTD to today (June 15th) - here's to hoping! Really want the business cent!

I may have to give up on the bucket list item and go with a boring 2% cash back wells p-card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.