Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX MR: Business/First BOS-AMS/BRU the week of June 19, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Hello group. I have used this forum in the past for insights and suggestions and value greatly the collective flyer experience here. So looking for suggestions on how to:

Use Amex Rewards Points for book Business/First air travel outbound from BOS the week of June 19 2019 (can be flexible) to either AMS or BRU
and Return after a tour of Europe from somewhere in, or convenient to, central Italy. I am presuming that I would have to buy/acquire two one way tickets. Would be for my wife and I and I think we have about 340k Amex reward points.

I'll leave it at that for now. If this is not the best forum in FlyerTalk to post this in, please let me know....

Thanks in advance!!!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
No, it wouldn't have to be two one-way tickets, could be an open-jaw depending on the parameters of the partner award program (a few only allow roundtrip redemptions but couldn't tell you all of them off the top of my head). Btw I'm assuming you're considering transferring MR points to MR airline partner(s) for the trip, vice redeeming MR points for paid airfare. It's fairly straightforward - check availability on the routes of interest in the available transfer partner programs and see what you can find, then transfer the MR points (of course there is a small chance the award seats disappear before transfer completes). You also don't necessarily have to use the same MR transfer partner for the outbound and inbound, either, if the FFPs permit one-way awards.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
It seems you do this Brussels trip every two years and ask the same general thing every two years on FT.

You appear to know how to do award ticket searches from your previous posts so what exactly do you want to know? Amex MR has a list of transfer partners. These partners each have their own redemption rates, rules and quirks. You have to find the program that works best for you & have availability for where you want to go and when.
Beltway2A and nexusCFX like this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
As the OP is using MR points, please follow the redirect to the AMEX MR forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
AwardHacker will tell you which airlines fly the route(s) you want and participate in the various points transfer programs (like MR).

After obtaining that information, simply check those airlines for availability and then transfer the points. (Make certain to set it for "show off-peak awards.)
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
It seems you do this Brussels trip every two years and ask the same general thing every two years on FT.
I don't. This time I am taking a longer trip and flying back via a different city. Thanks for the tips, I'll check out the award hacker site and look into the MR airlines. We may also consider a RT BOS-BRU and just get a one way ticket to fly back from Italy to BRU at the end of the tour. IIRC, some airfares within Europe are pretty reasonable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.