Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LHR T3 (Opened 12 October 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The food can be good indeed there, but the selection at times is not necessarily more appreciably varied than the food at some of the airline lounges at T3; and the pace of replenishing the food at the Amex lounge has some room to improve at times.

It’s not uncommon this spring for me to choose to eat in other lounges at T3 and then go to the Amex lounge when needing space.

The lounge is Lounge A at LHR T3 and well removed from most airline lounges. And it’s up the stairs or elevators, and signage at the airport needs to improve to better highlight this lounge’s placement.

The lounge internet password is MemberSince . Thought it was a nice touch.
I think it's like the skyclub and all the lounges use the same password. That's the password they use at the CL at JFK and LAS also, except it hasn't been changed in years (may be the only password they've ever used).

I have a flight on KLM connecting to Delta at AMS in July and sounds like even thought I'm on a Delta ticket and connecting in business class on an international Delta flight as a delta diamond won't have access to the Clubhouse since my LHR flight isn't on Delta metal so will deifnitely be checking it. I'm hoping KLM is staying in T3 for good and doesn't move back to t4
Old May 21, 2022, 6:05 pm

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Visited this past Friday as a family of 5 and we all loved it. Yes it is small, yes there are no windows, but the place is very sleek, there was plenty of room and the food and drink are extremely good. My 13yo was asking on the way to the gate, if we were going to be back in this same lounge after our return flight 😳

Last edited by marcopizzaiuolo; Oct 15, 2022 at 8:13 am
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:33 am

I just read that LHR terminals are not connected airside. I just checked and BA326 departs from T5. Is there any way for me to access the Centurion Lounge even though it's in T3? Will security let me through just to use this lounge and then I'll depart and go to T5?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by sau54
I just read that LHR terminals are not connected airside. I just checked and BA326 departs from T5. Is there any way for me to access the Centurion Lounge even though it's in T3? Will security let me through just to use this lounge and then I'll depart and go to T5?
Probably a better question for the BA forum and answered in this thread: T3 Access with T5 boarding pass. TL;DR is if you're originating from London you can't enter T3 from landside with at T5 BP, and although there's a convoluted way to get to T3 (clear security at T5, take the train to T5C and back so you end up in the transfer/arrivals channel, bus to T3 and clear transit security there), it's probably not worth the trouble (especially since on the way back the BA T5 IT systems will be confused as to why you're clearing security again). If you're connecting in LHR it's easier but does involve clearing security twice.

Also technically the LHR terminals are connected by airside transfer buses but you need to clear security (no immigration/customs).
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: Club Premier, AmEx Plat, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by sau54
I just did this today. As some people have explained, as soon as you arrive to T5 go to the connecting bus to T3,. There i just told the lady at security that I wanted to to go the amex lounge and showed her my card along with PPT and boarding pass. "No problem!" And she let me pass. The lounge is very close after security just go forward and follow the signs. To go back to T5, take the same way back, in 5 minutes you're at the bus stop to T5 again.

Due to the slow security lines, I'd only recommend doing it with 5+ hours of connecting time as you have to clear T3 and then T5 security. With 5 hours connecting time you might have some 2 calm hours at the lounge.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, American AAdvantage, Continental One Pass
Showers?

Anyone visit LHR T3 Centurion Lounge recently and use the showers? Are they open/available or temporarily shut down due to COVID?
Old Oct 15, 2022, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Here now, enjoying Laurent Perrier Champagne. Seems to be a lot more wine choices here than other CL bars.

I didn't even know there was a Centurion lounge here til I walked up to the lounge guide looking for the BA lounge. Like others said, it was hard to find. The signage in T3 is just horrible.

This was my first trip to London in 4 years, not counting LHR transits. But my home airport is served by BA out of T3 so I expect I'll be back with UK business picking up.
marcopizzaiuolo likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by pmdicker
Anyone visit LHR T3 Centurion Lounge recently and use the showers? Are they open/available or temporarily shut down due to COVID?
Yes, showers are available now.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 2:05 am

FYI: Visited the LHR Centurion lounge yesterday (open till 9pm) at 7:35pm and was told they stop serving cocktails at 7.30pm - 1.5 hours before the closing down time. Kind of a bummer, I think it's half an hour before closing at most US lounges iirc. Beer/Spirits/Wine still available.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 4:37 am

I have an upcoming three hour layover during which my flights will arrive and depart from Terminal 2. Based on people's experiences, is it worth going to Terminal 3 for the Centurion Lounge (which I think is possible based on what I've read, but there seems to be some contradictory information) during that time or just using the Plaza Premium lounge? It'll be early morning, and I'll probably want to shower and get breakfast.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jsandler111
I have an upcoming three hour layover during which my flights will arrive and depart from Terminal 2. Based on people's experiences, is it worth going to Terminal 3 for the Centurion Lounge (which I think is possible based on what I've read, but there seems to be some contradictory information) during that time or just using the Plaza Premium lounge? It'll be early morning, and I'll probably want to shower and get breakfast.

Just use the PP in T2. The showers in Centurion are not that good and they do remind you to get done in 15 minutes(and we had wait of ~20 minutes). There are only 2 showers - 1 of them being disabled friendly.

Been a while since I've been to PP in T2 so can't comment on breakfast there - the centurion one was okay.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 8:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Acid
The showers in Centurion are not that good ....
Can you provide some specifics?
Old Jan 21, 2023, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Can you provide some specifics?
There are 2 shower rooms - one of them is disabled friendly and has support etc. - however there is no place to keep luggage or clothes( no bench, table, hook etc. The layout is such that the floor does get a bit wet.

The other shower toom does have a stool which helps a bit.

I've used the showers twice - when the lounge opened and last month. The towels that I had last month were past their prime. Also since there are only 2 rooms, they are quite busy and they do ask multiple times to keep to 15 minutes - which is an okay amount. Between people, they do clean but the floor was not fully dry. Also I don't remember having any accessories like toothbrush etc.

I've used Plaza Premium showers in London arrivals(when they used to be open) and they were new, spotless and better than BA arrivals - had multiple towels and amenities. I'm assuming PP T2 departures will be of similar quality.
mia likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 6:00 pm

Thanks! That information helps with the decision.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Visited this lounge for the first time last week and here is my un-asked-for opinion.

It's generally solid, but I wish there was natural sunlight and more space. The food and drink options were above average. The staff was friendly. We had a noon flight and the lounge wasn't crowded at all, but I imagine it could get so due to it's relatively small size.

Here is my Heathrow T3 lounge rankings (of those I've been to) and how the Centurion lounge ranks:

1. Cathay Pacific First Class Lounge
2. Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse
3. Cathay Pacific Business Class Lounge
4. AMEX Centurion Lounge
5. British Airways Galleries Club
6. Aspire Lounge
7. No. 1 Lounge
8. American Airlines Admirals Club
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.