Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge CLT (Opened 24 February 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2020, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Wedge salad is rabbit food. The ONLY food blue cheese should be served with is Buffalo wings.
Hah! I’ll take a bleu cheese wedge out of the fridge and eat it with a fork...
KenTarmac, Kacee and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cmd320
Hah! I’ll take a bleu cheese wedge out of the fridge and eat it with a fork...
LOL ... there's nothing wrong with eating Blue (Bleu) Cheese by itself.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Ok here is my first experience at the Centurion Lounge at CLT and this is my favorite Centurion that I have visited. The food and service is amazing here ( just as cmd320 noted ). The coconut braised chicken was the star of the show for me. I could have ate 8 pots of that lol. The wedge salad with their house dressing ( sadly not blue cheese ) was really good; with every fork into it dressing found its way out of secret panels of lettuce which made this a nice surprise 😅. Ordered a Kitty Hawk from Mike the bartender which was very good ( had 2 ). Like cmd320 noted its easy to miss this lounge as its right before the stairs on the right said with an elevator

Here is my full review below if you are interested

jghassell, KenTarmac and cmd320 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's a few photos of the food I took this week:

Left is the tomato quiche, top is the coconut chicken curry dish, right side of the tray is the mashed potatoes, and to the right of the tray the wedge salad.

Lemon custard dessert:

Towards the end of my visit a server was walking around with a tray of amuse bouche type dishes consisting of a cucumber-citrus smoked salmon:

Old Dec 29, 2020, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Just noticed the Centurion CLT hours have been reduced. The lounge now closes at 3pm (it was previously open until 7pm as recently as last week, IIRC).

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 30, 2020, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Just noticed the Centurion CLT hours have been reduced. The lounge now closes at 3pm (it was previously open until 7pm as recently as last week, IIRC).

-FlyerBeek
3pm??? Thats ridiculous.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
3pm??? Thats ridiculous.
Agree. I just checked in at the Centurion CLT and the staff said the 3pm closing time would be in effect for the next 4 weeks (presumably until around 25 January). Ironically, the lounge is packed - as busy as I've ever seen it with hardly any open seating available.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 30, 2020, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Agree. I just checked in at the Centurion CLT and the staff said the 3pm closing time would be in effect for the next 4 weeks (presumably until around 25 January). Ironically, the lounge is packed - as busy as I've ever seen it with hardly any open seating available.

-FlyerBeek
I'm really curious what the reasoning is. If I had to guess it seems like maybe there's some kind of staffing issue... I can't imagine why else they would be closing it so early.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 4:33 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
I'm really curious what the reasoning is. If I had to guess it seems like maybe there's some kind of staffing issue... I can't imagine why else they would be closing it so early.
Staffing and/or utilization. Its either empty or nearly empty between 3 and 7 or over allowed capacity per restricted COVID capacity allowances. Probably the former.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 5:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped in on 12/26 for lunch.

Same options as last month, they're still good but when it's your home club you'd like a little more rotation

I will give them credit for the four local beers on tap though, that's a big plus. Bad news about the shorter hours though, guess I won't be getting any dinners in here.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Staffing and/or utilization. Its either empty or nearly empty between 3 and 7 or over allowed capacity per restricted COVID capacity allowances. Probably the former.
Well, I had certainly planned to use it today at 5pm. A 3pm closing is banking hours. It's not reflective of a premium experience with premium fees.

Seth
KenTarmac, cmd320 and cuthroat like this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
I will give them credit for the four local beers on tap though, that's a big plus.
CLT and PHL have the best beer selections of the US Centurion Lounges - in my righteous and not so humble opinion. Good, real craft beer on tap, and a nice variety. IAH they used to have better and now it's just whatever crap ABInbev will sell them. LGA never had draft lines - hopefully that changes in the new location, also their bottled beer selection never changed. Captain Lawrence IPA is permanently scarred into my beer memory and linked to that lounge
KenTarmac likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 6:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
CLT and PHL have the best beer selections of the US Centurion Lounges - in my righteous and not so humble opinion. Good, real craft beer on tap, and a nice variety. IAH they used to have better and now it's just whatever crap ABInbev will sell them. LGA never had draft lines - hopefully that changes in the new location, also their bottled beer selection never changed. Captain Lawrence IPA is permanently scarred into my beer memory and linked to that lounge
Agreed. MIA at least has two rotating local taps too but neither of them have thrilled me so far.

Getting back on the topic:

Sign with new hours is posted, huge thumbs down. I regularly commute via CLT in the afternoons and this really bites.

Breakfast options. I stuck with toast points and fruit. Both were good.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 7:05 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Sign with new hours is posted, huge thumbs down..
Anyone asked CLT staff why the hours were shortened? Understanding might help predict when they will be extended. 7 - 3 is eight hours, which might mean they are trying to operate with a single shift.
KenTarmac and cmd320 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Anyone asked CLT staff why the hours were shortened? Understanding might help predict when they will be extended. 7 - 3 is eight hours, which might mean they are trying to operate with a single shift.
Havent asked but when I first saw that I figured it must be staffing related.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.