Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Statman
Maybe OT, but I am in the market for a duffel bag and was wondering if you could share the Saks link so I can purchase the one that you got?
Uh, if your user name depicts your gender, you may not be so interested in the duffel bag I purchased

Link - https://m.saks.com/pd.jsp?productCode=0400090798242&R=400907982384&P_ name=Terez&Ntt=terez&N=0
Statman likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Uh, if your user name depicts your gender, you may not be so interested in the duffel bag I purchased

Link - https://m.saks.com/pd.jsp?productCode=0400090798242&R=400907982384&P_ name=Terez&Ntt=terez&N=0
Adorable!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Segments

Adorable!
I think so too 😀 Maybe other flyer talk members could post a link to their purchases in the future to help folks with some purchase ideas.

I'm just hoping by the time I'm eligible again for another credit that items on my wish list are still discounted.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
I think so too 😀 Maybe other flyer talk members could post a link to their purchases in the future to help folks with some purchase ideas.

I'm just hoping by the time I'm eligible again for another credit that items on my wish list are still discounted.
For me:

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/chan...&bmUID=mJVqd6g
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
I plan to collect as many $50 gift cards as I can before I use them to buy a dyson hairdryer my wife refuses to let me buy for her with cash.
flyguy6 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 4:30 pm

I have an extra 10% off code (EDIT ALREADY USED)I won't be using. Don't know if I'm allowed to post it here or not? It expires 29 Jun 19. If somebody uses it please reply so I can edit this post.

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Jun 23, 2019 at 11:37 am
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:18 am

Data point:

June 19 - Received Platinum card via FedEx out of country
June 19 - Enrolled in Sak's benefit
June 19 - Made an online purchase of merchandise. Amex account showed pending transaction
June 20 - Merchandise shipped via FedEx with ShopRunner 2 day delivery to my usa address. Expected arrival date Monday, June 24th
June 20 - Amex account shows posted transaction
June 22 - Amex credited my account $50.00

Smooth and easy transaction. Thanks again to mia and others for guiding me along
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
I have an extra 10% off code 6645134616 that I won't be using. Don't know if I'm allowed to post it here or not? It expires 29 Jun 19. If somebody uses it please reply so I can edit this post.
Just tried using it but looks like someone beat me to it - thanks for posting
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Data point:

June 19 - Received Platinum card via FedEx out of country
June 19 - Enrolled in Sak's benefit
June 19 - Made an online purchase of merchandise. Amex account showed pending transaction
June 20 - Merchandise shipped via FedEx with ShopRunner 2 day delivery to my usa address. Expected arrival date Monday, June 24th
June 20 - Amex account shows posted transaction
June 22 - Amex credited my account $50.00

Smooth and easy transaction. Thanks again to mia and others for guiding me along
When I tell people who say they travel a lot about Flyertalk, it's stuff like this I cite as the benefit of connecting with those in the know.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)

Link - https://m.saks.com/pd.jsp?productCod...&Ntt=terez&N=0
I'm a guy, and now I want this duffel bag. It would be very easy to spot AND it will annoy my kids when I travel with them. Thanks, ordered.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I'm a guy, and now I want this duffel bag. It would be very easy to spot AND it will annoy my kids when I travel with them. Thanks, ordered.
Are you sure you don't want the matching tote bag?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
If, like me, you've put this off until now, ebates has 10% off at Saks right now (and also 10% off first order for signing up for emails)

$5 is $5
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
My two pairs of panties were delivered this week in a large box filled with bubble wrap.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: QF Gold, FB Plat, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold – ex-UA 1k, ex-AA Plat, ex IHG Plat
Question for those who used the Saks benefit. I have not used this benefit for 2019 yet. What date counts for the allocation of the benefit: the purchase date, shipping date, delivery date, any other date?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I thought it was the date that it post to one's account, which can be a couple of days after the actual purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.