Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pay with AMEX (Canada) when Business Don't Accept CC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Hi Everyone,

If a business only accept bank payment – Internet, telephone, debit, money order, certified cheque or bank draft, is there a way to send them money with the platinum card?

Reason of doing this is that I need to meet the spending target of $3000 in order to get the bonus points, and the amount I am trying to send is $5000 so it would be great if there is a way to do that.

Btw, I am in Canada is that makes a difference.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by GodOfCards
If a business only accept bank payment – Internet, telephone, debit, money order, certified cheque or bank draft, is there a way to send them money with the platinum card?

Reason of doing this is that I need to meet the spending target of $3000 in order to get the bonus points, and the amount I am trying to send is $5000 so it would be great if there is a way to do that.
One way is Plastiq. You pay by credit card (plus a 2.5% fee) and they mail a check or send an electronic payment.

Btw, I am in Canada is that makes a difference.
From their terms of service, Canadian recipients when using Amex are limited to Government, Utilities, School, School K-12, Business Services and Residential Rent.
GodOfCards likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.