Question about Amex offer and posting date...

Old Jul 11, 18, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Question about Amex offer and posting date...

I have the "Spend $600 on Amex Travel and get 10,000 pts" on my Platinum card. It says the offer lasts until 7/15/18. If I make a booking on Amex travel tonight 7/11/18, do you think it will post fully in time to be able to get the credit? I've been trying to nail down plans for a late October trip and I'm hoping I didn't wait too long to still be able to snag these bonus points...
Old Jul 11, 18, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

should charge immediately?

and especially for amex itself, should be able to call and have them credit it
Old Jul 11, 18, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by acarney View Post
I have the "Spend $600 on Amex Travel and get 10,000 pts" on my Platinum card. It says the offer lasts until 7/15/18. If I make a booking on Amex travel tonight 7/11/18, do you think it will post fully in time to be able to get the credit? I've been trying to nail down plans for a late October trip and I'm hoping I didn't wait too long to still be able to snag these bonus points...
Not sure if it varies from offer to offer, but I just contacted Amex with a similar question. I made a purchase that would qualify for an offer, but the purchase is still pending and the offer expires today. Amex informed me that I would still get the benefits of the offer even if it posts after the offer expires, provided I made the purchase during the offer period. I would check with them to make sure though.