Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX BBL (bad boy list) i.e. POD (POPUP OF DOOM)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
AMEX BBL (bad boy list) i.e. POD (POPUP OF DOOM)

So I was thinking that the new popup when you try to apply for a new amex card that says you can't have a bonus deserves its own thread separate from the "new language" thread.

I also want credit for the acronyms BBL (Bad Boy List) and POD ( when used to reference the POPUP OF DOOM )

The Amex BBL (bad boy list) / POD (popup of doom) is the new reality.

I want aubreyfromwheaton to be memorialized forever as the originator of these acronyms.

Please use them here and on Reddit/churning!

Please post any experience of receiving this popup, and bravely applying anyway, and receiving the bonus! There's gotta be some mistakes or miscodings somewhere!!!!

Thanks
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:45 pm

I can't tell if this is a joke or not
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
You can't "make" something catch on! Besides, I prefer SNL - Santa's Naughty List.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Well I personally think this will mean MS will be the #1 way of getting points now.

Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
Well I personally think this will mean MS will be the #1 way of getting points now.

Two thoughts on that
1) Amex gets the interchange fees so they should consider MS better than handing out signing bonuses.
2) The RATs will be paying closer attention to the spending of those on SNL.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
Please use them on Reddit/churning!

Keep this BS on reddit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.