Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex SPG Business card -- can't get employee cards for 2+ months!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex SPG Business card -- can't get employee cards for 2+ months!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Amex SPG Business card -- can't get employee cards for 2+ months!

Hello all:

I was approved by Amex to get their SPG Business card in March and was told that I could get employee cards at no cost. I immediately emailed them to request one card for my spouse, but I kept receiving letters asking me for more information. The letters were computer-generated and the additional info requested was left blank. Clearly, it was an error.

I talked to multiple phone agents (off biz hours) and they said it would be taken care of. Of course, for months, no progress was made. They did further request me to get a bank letter certifying my identity and address. I accomplished this and faxed it to them. Again, no reply from Amex. It just happened again.

I cannot understand this incompetence. This is a business card.

Did anybody have this experience? If so, how was it resolved (if at all)? What are your suggestions?

Thanks very much! Have a great Sunday!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
.... I immediately emailed them to request one card for my spouse...
In which country is your card issued? How, precisely, did you submit the request? American Express (USA) cannot be contacted by traditional email.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:02 am
Original Poster

It was issued in the US. American Express does allow private messages to be sent to them from my account. However I think whoever that reads those messages is either a robot or a completely incompetent person.

Is there any better way to escalate this? Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:11 am
mia

1. Login to americanexpress.com
  2. Choose your SPG Business account (if you have more than one )
  3. Click: Employee Controls
  4. Click: [Add Employee Cards]
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:25 am

Is there a way to make the chat window come up while logged on to one's account? In the past requests like this are easily managed via chat. I noticed the chat button has been gone for months now on all my am3x accounts : (
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:38 am
mia

....American Express does allow private messages to be sent ...
Originally Posted by Mamibear
....In the past requests like this are easily managed via chat. ...
I believe that's what Barkinpark used without success.

If you do not see Chat it's likely due to a browser privacy setting which blocks external sites. Discussion here:

Amex (USA) chat function problems [Consolidated]
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
  1. Login to americanexpress.com
  2. Choose your SPG Business account (if you have more than one )
  3. Click: Employee Controls
  4. Click: [Add Employee Cards]
I think I tried this already. Same result. They asked for my bank's identity verification forms, which I faxed to them about 1 month ago. One phone agent promised to resolve this, but couldn't execute it during the call. He deferred it to other colleagues...the whole vicious cycle repeated and repeated.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:59 pm
mia

I think I tried this already......
Thank you for the additional information. This seems to rule out an error by the chat agent who entered the request. If they are looking at information to verify your identity (or that of your company) I am surprised the primary card is not frozen. Has your spouse ever defaulted on an American Express card account?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Default? No! We both have perfect credit scores.

One obstacle could be the soft credit monitor in place for both of us. It's not a hard credit freeze, however. All the soft monitor does is to require the card company to call us before issuing credit.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:32 am
mia

Default? No! ....
It's possible that your spouse's name is similar to a that of a person to whom American Express is unwilling to issue a card. I expect you will need to patiently work through this by telephone, during standard business hours. Chances are they will not tell you exactly what they are looking at due to privacy and security policies.

At this stage I am not sure I would invest the time unless you are confident you want to continue to use the SPG Business card after the end of July. However, you would likely encounter the same problem with any American Express business card.

Are you actually using the card for a business?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia

Are you actually using the card for a business?
I am just beginning to start a small business. So, I am using the card for business and personal uses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.