Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which card to use to book event tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Which card to use to book event tickets?

Forgive me if this is kinda sort of not in the exact right place... since it crosses products I'm not sure which section on the forum is the exact right spot...

Which card is the best to use to buy event tickets? Chase Sapphire Reserve or Amex Platinum? I always forget which offers better protections/perks, in this case with an event (Cirque du Soleil show) I'm thinking neither have specific protections to if the show is cancelled, or I cancel, or etc since this isn't coded as a travel category, but figured I would ask anyway.

I'm leaning toward the Amex because the MR might be a little more useful for me to transfer out for a Delta award or something this fall, but honestly isn't that big of a deal since the tix will only be about $300 total.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Citi Prestige. Page 30:

http://i.info4.citi.com/wpm/100164/PDF/Guide11.pdf

American Express discontinued: Amex event ticket protection ending December 2014

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.