Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Hilton Aspire vs Amex plat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by skimple
Excluding the 5x MR on airfare, everyday spend is 1MR vs 3 HH. Rating HH at 0.6cpp, that's 1.8cpp back.
Why would you put everyday spend on either card? Several better options including CSP/CSR and AMEX SPG.

And Hilton points are (IMO) not worth .6 cpp. .4, maybe .5 on a good day.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
Why would you put everyday spend on either card? Several better options including CSP/CSR and AMEX SPG.

Well, the title of the thread is Amex Hilton Aspire vs Amex Plat. Seems likely that people would therefore compare those two cards against each other.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee

Because I was responding to this comment, which was directly comparing MR and HH:

Originally Posted by Ariesflyertalk
The biggest difference is aspire gives hilton points plat give MR points. MR points >>>> Hilton points.
The best thing to do is have both like I do
Why would I put everyday spend on Amex Plat instead of SPG? I don't. But if we're comparing Plat to Aspire, 7HH on restaurant spend is a lot better than 1MR (and at least equal to 1 SPG). And 3HH per $ is at least equal to 1 MR

I think that the long standing opinion on these boards is that Amex gives good reasons for having the Amex Plat, but not for using it. I might actually use the Aspire card and get almost the same benefits.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:53 pm

Because I was responding to this comment, which was directly comparing MR and HH:

Why would I put everyday spend on Amex Plat instead of SPG? I don't. But if we're comparing Plat to Aspire, 7HH on restaurant spend is a lot better than 1MR (and at least equal to 1 SPG). And 3HH per $ is at least equal to 1 MR

I think that the long standing opinion on these boards is that Amex gives good reasons for having the Amex Plat, but not for using it. I might actually use the Aspire card and get almost the same benefits.
your math is off. You’re using incorrect numbers. HH points you get from aspire on anything other than hhilton hotels are inferior to getting MR points
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Ariesflyertalk

your math is off. You’re using incorrect numbers. HH points you get from aspire on anything other than hhilton hotels are inferior to getting MR points
Simply because you subjectively value MR more than HH does not make my math off. I use HH regularly - they have value to me. I do not book upper-class international airfare often, which make the value of MR significantly less than what some people value them at.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Simply because you subjectively value MR more than HH does not make my math off. I use HH regularly - they have value to me. I do not book upper-class international airfare often, which make the value of MR significantly less than what some people value them at.
If you're truly after HH points, your best bet for non-category spending is using the Amex Blue Business Plus for your first $50K in charges each year. It will earn you 4 HH points for every dollar, as opposed to only 3 with the branded cards: 2MR per dollar charged, which can be transferred into 4HH (1:2 ratio). Plus you retain the flexibility of being able to redeem with other MR partners should the desire arise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.