Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AmEx Scores a Starwood Win as Marriott Opts for Dual Issuers AmEx and JPMorgan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Scores a Starwood Win as Marriott Opts for Dual Issuers AmEx and JPMorgan

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:31 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
most on FT fly.

also seem to recall one cannot use an 'unlimited' amount of gift cards to redeem for 1 flight.
Just a thought, but with airline gift cards you don't have to be the one to use them - could give or use it for someone you know (family or friends) to use on a flight booking.

AFAIK, AA and UA allows you to enter in multiple gift cards during the booking process. Not sure about others.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i am one of the likely majority of cardholders who dont use it. makes me weird on FT, i know.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by golfingboy

Just a thought, but with airline gift cards you don't have to be the one to use them - could give or use it for someone you know (family or friends) to use on a flight booking.

AFAIK, AA and UA allows you to enter in multiple gift cards during the booking process. Not sure about others.
checked Southwest and it's 3 per ticket
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:25 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
i am one of the likely majority of cardholders who dont use it. makes me weird on FT, i know.
Bolding mine. Highly doubt it - majority (not vast) of cardholders most likely travel at least once or twice per year. Although many probably use for bag fees or upgrades rather than gift cards like most of us do on FT and majority most likely only use portion of the annual credit rather than the full $200.

After all this is a travel rewards card and is targeted towards those customers. Anyway clearly this card provides certain benefits that you find highly useful otherwise you'd dump the card a long time ago. Nothing weird - we all have differing valuations on different benefits this card provides.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by golfingboy

Delta allows up to three gift cards (plus a credit card for the balance, if any) per online transaction. I never tried to call to see if I could use more than three gift cards.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i said majority, not majority of subset like FTers/etc

as i said, im weird for FT, but did not intend to start offtopic

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 20, 2017 at 8:33 am
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If you purchase (example) AA giftcards, and American Express reimburses the cost, and you never fly AA, how are you worse off than if you did not make the purchase? Inasmuch as AA giftcards do not expire, and they are reliably reimbursed, it seems worthwhile to buy even if you have no specific plans to fly AA.
fotoflyer88 and IndyHoosier like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.