Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Will the new Hilton Surpass -> Ascend be a new product?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will the new Hilton Surpass -> Ascend be a new product?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by progapanda
I downgraded my non-Citi Surpass in mid-January to the no-fee Amex (with new no-FX fees benefit); I currently see an upgrade offer to the Ascend for 75,000 points for 2,000$ spend in 3 months with no T&C language relating to prior ownership of this card/Surpass.

I don't believe I'd have seen this offer if the Surpass/Ascend were considered the same product? Would others agree?
I saw the same thing in my Amex account and signed up for the upgrade.
the confirmation said I will get 75,000 points after $2000 spend in three month.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I downgraded my non-Citi Surpass in mid-January to the no-fee Amex (with new no-FX fees benefit); I currently see an upgrade offer to the Ascend for 75,000 points for 2,000$ spend in 3 months with no T&C language relating to prior ownership of this card/Surpass.
Originally Posted by felicity5
I saw the same thing in my Amex account and signed up for the upgrade.
the confirmation said I will get 75,000 points after $2000 spend in three month.

Where in your Amex account do/did you see the upgrade offer with bonus points? Is/was it showing prominently when you went too your no-AF Hilton Amex account, or did you have to click on something to get it to show? Thanks.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch

Where in your Amex account do/did you see the upgrade offer with bonus points? Is/was it showing prominently when you went too your no-AF Hilton Amex account, or did you have to click on something to get it to show? Thanks.
you have to go to menu and look up cards to see the offer under your no fee card.
strangely, the first time I tried to upgrade it said the offer was no longer available.
i tried again the next day and it went through.
i hope you see it sdsearch. Your posts have been very helpful to me in the past

Last edited by felicity5; Feb 19, 2018 at 3:01 pm Reason: thanking sdsearch
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: Kettle Class

On the (top-level) Menu>Cards>Charge & Credit Card Offers
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by felicity5

you have to go to menu and look up cards to see the offer under your no fee card.
strangely, the first time I tried to upgrade it said the offer was no longer available.
i tried again the next day and it went through.
i hope you see it sdsearch. Your posts have been very helpful to me in the past
So do you have to click Request Upgrade to see if there's an offer or not? I wasn't sure if there were going to more steps after clicking Request Upgrade or not, so I was hesitant to click Request Upgrade with no indication before clicking that there's an upgrade offer (and with no explanation as to whether there would be a "confirm" step later or not).

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 19, 2018 at 7:37 pm
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:36 pm

I have the 75k/$2K upgrade offer showing as well.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:22 am

Thanks for this info! I have the 75k/$2K upgrade offer showing as well. This is for a card that was previously upgraded to the Surpass at least twice in the past. In fact, I downgraded it back to the no annual fee version (once again) just before they rolled out the Aspire card in January.

So do you have to click Request Upgrade to see if there's an offer or not? I wasn't sure if there were going to more steps after clicking Request Upgrade or not, so I was hesitant to click Request Upgrade with no indication before clicking that there's an upgrade offer (and with no explanation as to whether there would be a "confirm" step later or not).
I see this, before clicking on Request Upgrade:
Upgrade and earn 75,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.†
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:50 am

As the prior poster said you see the 75k offer BEFORE
clicking on upgrade. I wouldn’t click upgrade until you see the offer.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Thanks! For me when I tried this just now what I got was:

Elevate Your Travel

Get even more perks with the Hilton Honors Ascend Card! Enjoy complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status, plus get a Weekend Night Reward when you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases in a calendar year.‡

No mention of bonus points...
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarkMColo
I see this, before clicking on Request Upgrade:
Those of you who do see upgrade bonuses:

Do you see bonuses both for upgrading to Aspire and for upgrading to Ascend, or do you only see the bonus for upgrading to Ascend?

(With no bonus yet in my case, the same page presents both Aspire and Ascend.)

I haven't yet heard a confirmation that upgrade bonuses exist (even if only for some) for going straight from no-AF to Aspire. (That's the upgrade I'd actually be interested in.)
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Ascend only in my case. I intend to apply separately for the Aspire at some point.

Do you see bonuses both for upgrading to Aspire and for upgrading to Ascend, or do you only see the bonus for upgrading to Ascend?

I haven't yet heard a confirmation that upgrade bonuses exist (even if only for some) for going straight from no-AF to Aspire. (That's the upgrade I'd actually be interested in.)
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:03 am

In my case, there is a "Request an Upgrade" button for both Aspire and Ascend, but the bonus is offered only for Ascend.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by MarkMColo
In my case, there is a "Request an Upgrade" button for both Aspire and Ascend, but the bonus is offered only for Ascend.
same thing with me. Bonus only offered for ascend.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update:

So today, when I logged in and after I switch to my HH account, it asked me to verify my income. After I did, it redrew and showed me my Ascend upgrade bonus (which it hadn't been showing before), as a "banner" on the home page. Plus I also see when I go to Menu>Cards>Charge & Credit Card Offers. But like everyone else, I'm only seeing an upgrade bonus for Ascend, not Aspire.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:45 pm

DP: I got the bonus finally. Cancelled Surpass in Dec. Applied for Ascend under 75K/25K terms in Jan. Met spend and points did not post for a couple cycles. I called in, and after initially trying to deny me, they agreed that the "had this product before" language was ambiguous. 75K points posted a few days ago. Will now do additional spend for 25K. Glad I went for it. If you are in a similar position (i.e. offer is ambiguous), I would call in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.