Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to make a payment on Amex IDC from the U.S?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
How to make a payment on Amex IDC from the U.S?

I was always able to use my Citibank Bill Pay to make an electronic payment on my Amex IDC card. I assume the payment was electronically transmitted to Amex's address in FL. This time, I just noticed that a paper check was issued and mailed to FL instead of electronic transmittal, which makes me wonder if I am even able to make payments to that card using U.S. Bill Pay. Also, when I tried to add the card again in the Bill Pay system, the number was not recognized as it's always been. Should I recall the check and send a wire instead or what do you suggest I do?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I pay through SunTrust online billpay with no indication that a paper check is issued. I seldom use the card, most recent payment was in February, wouldn't know if anything changed.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
They have really made an effort to delink any U.S. addresses from IDC. They no longer allow even a secondary U.S. address for address verification purposes. If they have cut out allowing electronic payments through the U.S. AMEX system, the best bet is to sign up for the automatic debit feature. IDC will then debit a U.S. bank account on the due date. Alternately, you can set up through your bank a fedwire transfer to IDC's U.S. bank account in New York for payment.his ye
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAXRuss
They have really made an effort to delink any U.S. addresses from IDC. They no longer allow even a secondary U.S. address for address verification purposes. If they have cut out allowing electronic payments through the U.S. AMEX system, the best bet is to sign up for the automatic debit feature. IDC will then debit a U.S. bank account on the due date. Alternately, you can set up through your bank a fedwire transfer to IDC's U.S. bank account in New York for payment.his ye
I will see if the Bill Pay check clears/payment posts by Tuesday. If not, I will send a wire and recall the check. I remember there used to be Amex travel agencies where you could pop in and pay by check. Does anyone know if these still exist?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by greglvnv
...used to be Amex travel agencies where you could pop in and pay by check....
Ended in 2010:

Amex Travel Offices will not accept card payments as of 01/15/2010.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

So, I ended up sending a wire transfer and putting a stop payment on the Citi Bill Pay check. I asked the Amex rep about using Bill Pay from Citi UK but that did not seem an option either, so wire is the only option for me unless any of you know of a bank that will accept an IDC as a valid card for U.S. Bill Pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.