Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex (USA) CDW covers rentals in Ireland, Israel and Jamaica effective 1-Sep-2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex (USA) CDW covers rentals in Ireland, Israel and Jamaica effective 1-Sep-2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All

Stumbled across new Collision Damage Waiver benefits for Amex cards beginning September 1, 2017. Looks like Amex is upping their benefits to keep up with Chase and Citi.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...nce-terms.html

Ireland, Israel and Jamaica are off of the exclusion list. Australia, New Zealand and Italy remain excluded along with the OFAC sanctioned countries.

Looks like two tiers of coverage. Most get coverage for a vehicle with a $50,000 MSRP. Platinum and Centurion got to $75,000.

I have not dug through all of the terms, but I'll stick with Chase Sapphire as my go-to CDW card since there is no preset dollar value. The Mercedes E200 I got upgraded to in Ireland last time probably would have topped $50K. Citi Prestige still beats Amex Platinum at $100K.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tev9999
Australia, New Zealand and Italy remain excluded
kind of odd. i noticed this on recent statement as well.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Coverage is apparently still secondary, at least for SPG. I presume primary coverage buy-in is still possible with the new terms?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
that's been reported many months ago. What's new here?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:22 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by tmiw
Coverage is apparently still secondary...
CDW is secondary for all USA-issued American Express cards, but out of North America the distinction collapses because most USA auto insurance is only valid in the USA (and perhaps Canada or Mexico.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.