Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX Hilton Surpass card - free night on anniversary only on new card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:34 am
Original Poster

My Amex Hilton Surpass is up for renewal and there is no free night on this card. On all the blogs that I have read about the recent offer for this card, they mentioned the free night. Can someone clarify this?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:26 am

The free night was a part of the last sign up offer, but not a standard benefit, from my understanding. I signed up for the card to take advantage of the recent 100k + free night, but the free night was not included on previous sign up bonuses. If you signed up prior to the bonus being offered (if you are up for renewal, I'm guessing about a year ago), you wouldn't be getting the free night.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Is there a way to get AMEX to match the offer? I chatted and called them but kept getting the same answer that they don't see the offer, either on the old or new cards.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by thuctrang
Is there a way to get AMEX to match the offer? I chatted and called them but kept getting the same answer that they don't see the offer, either on the old or new cards.
This is the offer that included the free night for a new application for a Surpass card on the first card membership anniversary (I.e., not an ongoing benefit):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...n-express.html

I knowingly chose to upgrade my existing NAF Honors Amex and this received the 100k but not the free night.

It sounds like you have had the Surpass card for at least a year. I don't know that Amex would have any desire to match a recent offer in that case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.