Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles linking or transfer failures [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asia Miles linking or transfer failures [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

read this thread for lots of info. My post 25 explains my transaction. It was actually three days but I don’t remember if they were business days.
It took me 36 hours
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:43 pm

Sent miles on a Friday at 11:30am, by the time I woke up on Monday they had been transferred.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:07 pm

I have another weird issue I encountered with Asia Miles. I attempted to transfer Amex MR points from my wife's account to my linked Asia Miles account (I am an authorized CC user) and AM rejected the MR miles because the "miles are coming from her account name" instead of mine. I never had problems transferring to other airlines like British Avios and SQ miles.

Did anyone else experience similar issue?

P
Old Apr 14, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by peterrudy
I have another weird issue I encountered with Asia Miles. I attempted to transfer Amex MR points from my wife's account to my linked Asia Miles account (I am an authorized CC user) and AM rejected the MR miles because the "miles are coming from her account name" instead of mine. I never had problems transferring to other airlines like British Avios and SQ miles.

Did anyone else experience similar issue?

P
I did a successful transfer as an AU on my dad's account but did it from my own Amex login. I am also an "account manager" on that account, so when I login to my amex account online, I can see my AU card in my card line up. I can link to various frequent flyer programs from there. My transfer took maybe 3-4 business days (I wrote about it upthread). Come to think of it, my spouse also transferred points to my AM account. I am an AU on his card, but he initiated the transfer as opposed to me from my AU (unlike other transfer). Hope this makes sense.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: Free agent
Point of reference, I did the transfer at 12:00pm CST today and there were in my AM account in less than an hour.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: Independent
Update data point: mine transferred instantly yesterday.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:02 pm

Unable to add Asia Miles partner (name mismatch)

I put an Asia Miles award on hold with Cathay but when I go to combine my account online, I get a generic error telling me:

"We apologize for the inconvenience. The system is currently unavailable. If you require assistance please call Membership Rewards Customer Service at 1-800-AXP-EARN."

So I called in and they suspected it was a name issue. My Asia Miles account is First Middle Last as that's what is in my passport. My Amex account is First Last. The rep tried to do it for me manually but she said she could only put one name for first with middle + last for last name... which didn't work either. She told me she exhausted her options and could do nothing else for me.

My wife then made an Asia Miles account. My wife has no middle name at all. She made her account First Last. Her Amex account is also First Last... but she gets the same error lol. Anyone experience this? Any thoughts other than wait and hope it fixes itself? The problem is that the hold is only 3 days and I've read it can take 48 hours to transfer.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:00 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
.... suspected it was a name issue. My Asia Miles account is First Middle Last as that's what is in my passport. My Amex account is First Last. ....
This may not be the problem, Review this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ghtmare-2.html

(Also, adding the Middle Name to the Last Name field makes no sense. If it needs to be added it would be appended to the First Name.)
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by mia
This may not be the problem, Review this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ghtmare-2.html

(Also, adding the Middle Name to the Last Name field makes no sense. If it needs to be added it would be appended to the First Name.)
I read through it and those complains seem to be about transfer time and rejected transfers. I'm unable to even add AM as a linked account (as is my wife).

I was informed that she wasn't able to add two names to the first name field when she tried doing it manually.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....rejected transfers. I'm unable to even add AM as a linked account .....
Understood, but the checking done during the linking process may be more rigorous now than it was, because the purpose of linking is to eliminate rejections at the transfer stage. In any event it sounds as if the American Express agent did not verify that there was a name mismatch, they were guessing. I would contact Asia Miles to find out exactly how your name is stored in their system. Is it First Name, Last Name or reversed (as seemed to be the problem in those instances.) -and- ask them how they link with American Express when the Middle Name is not stored. Someone at both companies knows how it is done.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Understood, but the checking done during the linking process may be more rigorous now than it was, because the purpose of linking is to eliminate rejections at the transfer stage. In any event it sounds as if the American Express agent did not verify that there was a name mismatch, they were guessing. I would contact Asia Miles to find out exactly how your name is stored in their system. Is it First Name, Last Name or reversed (as seemed to be the problem in those instances.) -and- ask them how they link with American Express when the Middle Name is not stored. Someone at both companies knows how it is done.
Just called Asia Miles. They confirmed it is
Given: First Middle
Family: Last

So they appear to have it correct. When I login, the website greets me with, "Hi First Middle".
The only questionable location is in my Your Profile > Personal Information > Personal Details > Full Name it says "Mr. Last First Middle" but when I challenged Asia Miles on this, they said that's normal.

Can anyone with a First Middle Last name check their profile and let me know what order their details are in when looking at the menu I listed above?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:15 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Can you remove the middle name on the Asia Miles side?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Just called Asia Miles. They confirmed it is
Given: First Middle
Family: Last

So they appear to have it correct. When I login, the website greets me with, "Hi First Middle".
The only questionable location is in my Your Profile > Personal Information > Personal Details > Full Name it says "Mr. Last First Middle" but when I challenged Asia Miles on this, they said that's normal.

Can anyone with a First Middle Last name check their profile and let me know what order their details are in when looking at the menu I listed above?
Wow I've had almost the exact same experience as you.

- Amex agent couldn't fix and have escalated internally
- Sent CX another proof of name (passport) to ensure that my name is properly inputted in their system.
- I see the same name arrangements as you describe here on my Asia Miles profile

My given name has 3 parts separated by spaces so it should be for me something like "GN1 GN2 GN3" as 'first name'.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by tonei
Can you remove the middle name on the Asia Miles side?
No. They told me it has to match my travel document exactly and my passport has the middle name.

Originally Posted by onetouchpass
Wow I've had almost the exact same experience as you.

- Amex agent couldn't fix and have escalated internally
- Sent CX another proof of name (passport) to ensure that my name is properly inputted in their system.
- I see the same name arrangements as you describe here on my Asia Miles profile

My given name has 3 parts separated by spaces so it should be for me something like "GN1 GN2 GN3" as 'first name'.
Is there where you're currently stuck? What actions have you taken to fix this? I have a flight on hold for 2 more days and I don't want to lose it

I spoke to someone else and when they navigate to that menu it says Mr First Middle Last... so it seems like this is probably the issue.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
No. They told me it has to match my travel document exactly and my passport has the middle name.

Is there where you're currently stuck? What actions have you taken to fix this? I have a flight on hold for 2 more days and I don't want to lose it

I spoke to someone else and when they navigate to that menu it says Mr First Middle Last... so it seems like this is probably the issue.
Yeah that's where I am, but fortunately for me I don't need to transfer anything immediately.

I sent copy of passport to CX, when they replied that my info was unchanged and already updated, I replied back noting my confusion on the Personal Information page, same as you noted. No reply yet.

Amex said it may be a week before they can get back to me.

Tried other browsers with no success.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.