Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge HKG (Opened 2 October 2017, Reopened 30 November 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garykung
The new AMEX Centurion Lounge @ HKG is located at the previous VS lounge, adjacent to United Club. The Centurion Lounge HKG is designed by Legend Interiors, who is also responsible for QA lounges and the recent CX lounges renovation at HKG. The lounge is operated by Plaza Premium Lounge.

Lounge Review:

Apple Daily (With Video) - Chinese

Australian Business Traveller - English

U Weekly by HKET - Credit to leokungkin - Chinese
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge HKG (Opened 2 October 2017, Reopened 30 November 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Does it compare to the Buenos Aires lounge with Johnny Walker Blue?
There is no JWB, however it still is the best bar in the airport that I'm aware of. And certainly the best with gratis drinks.
cbourl likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by dsquared37
There is no JWB, however it still is the best bar in the airport that I'm aware of. And certainly the best with gratis drinks.
So you don't need to tip like you do in the US lounges?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by cbourl
So you don't need to tip like you do in the US lounges?
I did not tip nor did I see anyone else tipping inside.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Hong Kong's culture is 10% service charge on top of the bill.

Since there is no bill, you are welcome to leave whatever you want, even nothing.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: MPC, HH & others
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I did not tip nor did I see anyone else tipping inside.
I've seen some US cardholders tip at the bar and a mainland couple leave a few hundred HKD on a table. I usually leave $100HK on the way out at any lounge I visit incl the Pier.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:44 am

Not necessarily charge cards; what you said failed to take into account some co-branded, top-tier AMEX credit cards issued in China. I visited this great lounge on 12 Oct before my Virgin Australia HKG-MEL flight, with my China Merchants Bank (CMB) American Express Platinum Card. As AMEX is currently not allowed to issue cards directly in China, all AMEX cards in the country are co-branded credit cards issued with select bank partners, such as CMB, and no charge cards are on the market yet.
Originally Posted by mia
No. The policy is the same as at USA Centurion lounges. You must present a Centurion or Platinum charge card, or be the guest of someone who presents one of those cards.
Hottub Cowboy likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:55 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jiong
Not necessarily charge cards; what you said failed to take into account some co-branded, top-tier AMEX credit cards issued in China. I visited this great lounge on 12 Oct before my Virgin Australia HKG-MEL flight, with my China Merchants Bank (CMB) American Express Platinum Card. As AMEX is currently not allowed to issue cards directly in China, all AMEX cards in the country are co-branded credit cards issued with select bank partners, such as CMB, and no charge cards are on the market yet.
This press release seem to suggest charge cards as opposed to credit cards are issued. Same as this PDF showing AMEX charge cards issued by CMB.

Are you saying your CMB AMEX Platinum card is not charge card but a credit card?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jiong
...some co-branded, top-tier AMEX credit cards issued in China....
Welcome to Flyertalk. You are correct that my post was an over-simplification. There is some variation in countries where cards are issued under license. We have a thread discussing difficulty that these cardholders may experience:

Centurion Lounge Access: AMEX Platinum "Credit" Card
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Visiting right now, only one dim sum choice—vegetable dumpling. Staff very nice & attentive. Btw, there was a kiosk at Admiralty MTR promoting Amex cards...
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:01 am

After checking out the silverkris lounge in hkg (especially after being in the skl in sin), I'd have to say that the Centurion is pretty darn good. Doesn't feel like you're enclosed in some prison. Service personnel were nice. Cocktails were decent.
​​​
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:04 am

HK Airport is HUGE! I'm flying Vietnam Airlines going from HKG -> SGN, can I access the Centurion Lounge? and how long the walk from the lounge to Gate 522? Thank you

Last edited by se7en_z; Oct 24, 2017 at 2:13 am
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:48 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by se7en_z
HK Airport is HUGE! I'm flying Vietnam Airlines going from HKG -> SGN, can I access the Centurion Lounge?
Yes (assuming you have the Plat Charge or the Cent)

Originally Posted by se7en_z
and how long the walk from the lounge to Gate 522? Thank you
It's around Gate 60 https://www.hongkongcard.com/webedit...5500_43115.jpg . So it's around 10 mins to the bus gate reception and another 10 to the plane.
se7en_z likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:12 pm

I'm a fan of the CX Pier Lounge. Anyone done a comparison of this to The Pier? Seems like The Pier would still be a step up from what I'm reading...
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:16 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by suziemay
I'm a fan of the CX Pier Lounge. Anyone done a comparison of this to The Pier? Seems like The Pier would still be a step up from what I'm reading...
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...l#post28909792
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:32 pm

Thank you! I swear I skimmed every post, but somehow missed that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.