Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge HKG (Opened 2 October 2017, Reopened 30 November 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garykung
The new AMEX Centurion Lounge @ HKG is located at the previous VS lounge, adjacent to United Club. The Centurion Lounge HKG is designed by Legend Interiors, who is also responsible for QA lounges and the recent CX lounges renovation at HKG. The lounge is operated by Plaza Premium Lounge.

Lounge Review:

Apple Daily (With Video) - Chinese

Australian Business Traveller - English

U Weekly by HKET - Credit to leokungkin - Chinese
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge HKG (Opened 2 October 2017, Reopened 30 November 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
It is not a surprise as both lounges are run by PPL.

BTW - does AMEX have order-to-cook?

How can you use the HKG lounge as arrival lounge when it is located at airside?

A friendly reminder to those traveling to the U.S. - mooncake can be a trouble to CBP, especially when the food label is not clear:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...eads%2C-etc%29

If you have doubt, don't take the moon cake.
just eat the thing before you enter usa. Easy

i had (in-flight) a pear i bought in japan enroute to usa
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cbourl
Sorry when Im flying First or Business Ill be lounge hopping! I just don't like overcrowded lounges full of people who have been guested in Comparing a US carrier's lounge at another airport isn't fair -we know US lounges are very basic Ive only had drinks at US Centurion lounges and they are bad! SQ First Lounges HKG MEL SYD have good self service champagne and the Private Room at SIN at least had Heidsieck Blance des Millianeres 1995!
as notes by the other guy *except champers* all else alcohol is better at the amex lounge which i agree(well except the lx whisky bar by its nature)
i just had an extra dose of Islay at SFO. OtheRwise u only get some generic scotch.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by kaka
just eat the thing before you enter usa. Easy

i had (in-flight) a pear i bought in japan enroute to usa

Moon cakes are supposed to be shared with your family

Eating alone at 38K feet...
Old Oct 8, 2017, 2:33 am

I just came from the Centurion lounge. It's nice but doesn't compare to CX lounges. If you have access skip Centurion and head straight for the Pier.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
The idea of a separate restaurant with sit down service for Centurion card holders is an interesting idea. I've never been offered the Centurion Card and in the past I've been skeptical of the value proposition. I certainly enjoy my Plat card. But, if AMEX were to have a number of these lounges internationally with a separate section (and with DL Plat level status) I might take a look. Having to spend 200K/yr on it though would be a difficult pill and even with business spend I would be falling short. Still, intriguing concept on AMEX's side.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: MPC, HH & others
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
The idea of a separate restaurant with sit down service for Centurion card holders is an interesting idea. I've never been offered the Centurion Card and in the past I've been skeptical of the value proposition. I certainly enjoy my Plat card. But, if AMEX were to have a number of these lounges internationally with a separate section (and with DL Plat level status) I might take a look. Having to spend 200K/yr on it though would be a difficult pill and even with business spend I would be falling short. Still, intriguing concept on AMEX's side.
I visited the lounge and find it to be an extension of the Plaza premium next door with a better bar and colder beer. The food in the Plat only section was similar to that served in the two plaza lounges this morning.

I am a Centurion and Plat card holder (US) and the private Centurion section is not that mindblowing as some of the online card pimps like TPG make it out to be.

If you have access to the Cathay lounges..stick with them.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Hottub Cowboy
The food in the Plat only section was similar to that served in the two plaza lounges this morning.
Breakfast are always similar among lounges. The difference is with lunch and dinner.

I am a Centurion and Plat card holder (US) and the private Centurion section is not that mindblowing as some of the online card pimps like TPG make it out to be.
TPG's so-called review is hearsay as they comment based on photos rather than an actual visit.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:28 am

Breakfast are always similar among lounges. The difference is with lunch and dinner.<<
I was there at lunchtime. I stopped by the two PP lounges as I was looking for a friend who works for Plaza. I will swing by again later this week around dinner time on my way to Singapore.

TPG's so-called review is hearsay as they comment based on photos rather than an actual visit<<<
He was at the lounge over the weekend & has a video up on his facebook page.

Last edited by Hottub Cowboy; Oct 9, 2017 at 3:32 am Reason: added link
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

He was at the lounge over the weekend & has a video up on his facebook page.
Not trying to be political - I don't tend to pay any importance on anything posted on FB.

TPG's current review posted on its website is based on a reader.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:49 am

Not trying to be political - I don't tend to pay any importance on anything posted on FB.

TPG's current review posted on its website is based on a reader.
Not sure if the link works but he posted this on Saturday.

http://www.facebook.com/thepointsguy...location=group
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
I visited the lounge and find it to be an extension of the Plaza premium next door with a better bar and colder beer. The food in the Plat only section was similar to that served in the two plaza lounges this morning.

Yes I think so on the way back from JFK Ill stick mainly to Pier and Bridge F lounges but have a little sticky beak into the Amex lounge
Hottub Cowboy likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador

Breakfast are always similar among lounges. The difference is with lunch and dinner.
Hottub Cowboy, thank you for that feedback as I probably won't be able to visit the Centurion side any time soon.

Additionally one of my favorite experiences was visiting the sit down restaurant in The Pier and having the "Baked Eggs" for breakfast. That meal was my best lounge breakfast to date (actually one of my best breakfasts period), and from my perspective the difference (at breakfast) was well defined between that lounge and other mid-level lounges.
Hottub Cowboy likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:00 pm

Looking at the photos on that Chinese review it looks like this lounge got some furniture upgrades as well compared to the US ones (at least the ones I've been in).

I spy some Arco and Grasshopper lamps and Saarinen Womb chairs and tables. Must have cost a small fortune to furnish.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:01 am
get

I visited the HKG Centurion Lounge on Oct 9, it is a step up above the plaza premium lounge decoration and food-wise, there was no crowding at all, about half full at the Platinum area, a sharp contrast to the huge crowd in plaza premium lounge that I visited before.
I visited during breakfast time, the food is delicious. The siu mai and congee are very good. Overall the food is better than the SFO Centurion Lounge.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:57 pm

Hong Kong AMEX has opened the Platinum Charge Card for open application, so it is no longer "by invitation only". I'm also told that the minimum income requirement has been lowered. So the lounge might start to get crowded (except the Centurion area) in the coming months...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.