Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Location is in A-West:

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge PHL (opened 31 Oct 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2024, 7:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Happy to report that borekas are back for breakfast and they are tasty. Eggs and potato are less dry and more flavorful. Overall a good improvement.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 11:21 pm

Shower

Is there a shower in the phl CL?
Old Apr 27, 2024, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
Is there a shower in the phl CL?
A search of this thread reveals that nothing has been posted about it for the last 2 years. And before that was the lovely Covid interlude where showers were all closed. So the last real post about using the shower is from 2018. At that time they were saying that a 15 minute limit was being enforced. They said towels and amenities were provided. The shower room includes a toilet and a sink. The lounge info still says a shower is available. If the lack of reporting about it is any indication, it shouldn't be too hard to get access to it as long as the lounge itself isn't backed up. After my 14 hour flight from Doha in June I'll certainly be looking to use it since it's about the only one in the airport (except maybe the Minute Suites?).
Lonedaddy likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by arabiamark
. So the last real post about using the shower is from 2018. At that time they were saying that a 15 minute limit was being enforced. .
LOL do they charge your amex for each extra minute or turn off the water.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
LOL do they charge your amex for each extra minute or turn off the water.
Shhhhsh. Don't give them any ideas. But seriously, one hopes that after 6 years the rule has either been done away with or it still exists but not enforced.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
So the last real post about using the shower is from 2018. At that time they were saying that a 15 minute limit was being enforced.
Shhhhsh. Don't give them any ideas. But seriously, one hopes that after 6 years the rule has either been done away with or it still exists but not enforced.
They quoted the same time limit at DEN a couple months ago. I may have gone a few minutes over. There was an attendant waiting outside when I left.
Old Jun 14, 2024, 10:17 am

Passed through PHL on Tuesday. Had to wait for about 15 minutes to get into the Centurion Lounge. About 4 groups were lined up in front of me but the line moved along after a few minutes. The lounge checkin lady was really nice. She noted that I was coming off the AA flight from Doha, so if anybody needed the lounge it was me. She got me set up with the shower. When you check in you get a text on your phone confirming you're on the waiting list. Then when they're ready to let you in you get another text. The 15-minute wait gave me time to get rebuffed by the BA lounge even though I was thoroughly qualified (OW Emerald, coming off the AA flight from Doha in J, continuing on AA domestically). But of course they will always claim capacity, even though the place was two thirds empty when I tried to get in. I told them I would only need about 15 minutes but still it was a no go.

When I got in there were no proper seats available. I got one of the high chair seats at the window overlooking the terminal. I decided to sample some of the specialty cocktails like Liberty Bell Ringer, Philadelphia Flyer, Blue Door, etc. They were all great and the bar service was good.

After a few minutes the shower became available. They are still saying that there's a 15 minutes limit. I didn't find out what happens when you exceed the limit, hehe. They forgot to give any amenities like shaving kit or toothbrush and by the time I noticed there was nobody around to call. I had my amenity kit from the flight so I said eff it and just made due. The water pressure was a bit on the low side. Water was just warm enough. Nice towels. In general the shower does the job but doesn't overly impress. At least they have a shower, which none of the AA lounges can say.

Back out into the lounge I had the choice of a small dining table or another high window seat, this time looking outside. I went for another window seat. The food options were pretty good. Some rice with spicy chicken and vegetables.

All in all it was a pleasant experience. I think this lounge will always have the capacity issue. It's just not very big and the number of customers is unlikely to do anything but increase. Once you get in you have to lower your expectation about getting a good seat. But the drinks and food are fine.
PHLondoner likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.