Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Location is in A-West:

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge PHL (opened 31 Oct 2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, add the regular summer travel spike and it's probably going to be brutal in the early evening for the next few months. I would think mid-June through July will be worst. For the moment, I don't think I have any more evening departures at PHL this month, so I probably won't be able to give a personal report. Pointing at the fire marshal occupancy sign, the desk agent did once tell me "when it's full, it's full" so there probably will be people turned away. If anyone does get turned away, they should report it here. If you're denied entry, and have a Priority Pass card, you could head down the corridor to the Minute Suites, but that doesn't get you much!
I have typically visited in the early morning hours even at that time one of the Amex representatives is walking around taking a Head count with a hand tally device. She does a sweep like every half hour to an hour and counting all the people that are seated around the club. I guess that would be very difficult when it gets very crowded but they are monitoring the occupancy.
Old May 7, 2018, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Machine

I have typically visited in the early morning hours even at that time one of the Amex representatives is walking around taking a Head count with a hand tally device. She does a sweep like every half hour to an hour and counting all the people that are seated around the club. I guess that would be very difficult when it gets very crowded but they are monitoring the occupancy.
That's a bit strange because I've never really encountered anything close to an overcrowding situation at the Lounge at any time other than evening rush. I do think we've seen sporadic reports of daytime crowding on weekends. I've never personally encountered that, though. And if the Lounge isn't overcrowded, I'm not sure why an hour-by-hour headcount would be needed.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:24 pm

I'm excited to share with the FlyerTalk community my documentation of all 8 specialty cocktails at the PHL Centurion Lounge. Please see my work titled The Centurion PHL Challenge: 8 specialty crafted cocktails. Bonus: I have recently accomplished the same level of documentation for SFO's lounge in a work titled The Centurion SFO Challenge: revealing 8 exclusive cocktails. Hopefully my posts will help you choose which cocktail to sip the next time you're at the PHL lounge! Cheers. I am too new to post links, so please just Google the bold text... sorry.
Old May 9, 2018, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhimmel
I'm excited to share with the FlyerTalk community my documentation of all 8 specialty cocktails at the PHL Centurion Lounge. Please see my work titled The Centurion PHL Challenge: 8 specialty crafted cocktails. Bonus: I have recently accomplished the same level of documentation for SFO's lounge in a work titled The Centurion SFO Challenge: revealing 8 exclusive cocktails. Hopefully my posts will help you choose which cocktail to sip the next time you're at the PHL lounge! Cheers. I am too new to post links, so please just Google the bold text... sorry.

https://steemit.com/centurion/@dhimm...fted-cocktails

I hope you didn't have to drive afterwards.

I personally like the novelty of these fancy cocktails. Honestly, most of them are extraordinarily mediocre (that's subjective, of course), but they're always fun. I personally would never buy any of these drinks in a "real" bar because there's no way they'd be worth 15 bucks to me. But free? Sure, why not. I've got nothing better to do while I'm waiting for my flight.

Of course, if you want to try a few of these drinks, don't plan on showing up for the evening rush. It's really too busy to do this. Early afternoon would be fine.
Old May 24, 2018, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess it's kind of the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend, but I'm experiencing a bad development at the Lounge this morning: it's really crowded. Usually, the mornings are calm.At least they haven't run out of seats -- yet. I'm sure this is going to be a problem this summer, and I'm glad I don't have any evening flights scheduled out of PHL for awhile.

On a positive note, I still think their breakfast is the best food they serve. And if the chef isn't too busy and cooks them right, they actually have a DELICIOUS dish: the feta pesto potatoes. I would order them in a restaurant. The problem is that because they are good, guests are hoovering through them, and they're rushing undercooked replacement batches out.
Old May 25, 2018, 1:59 pm

The shower seems permanently inoperable. I do look at the "out of service" sign when I use the restroom. If it's ever removed, I'll inquire at the desk, and post the information here (if no one beats me to it).
The shower is now open. It was out of service from Nov - May due to issues with the hot water supplied by the airport.
golfingboy and Flying Machine like this.

Last edited by Jpwphl; May 25, 2018 at 4:53 pm Reason: Updated information
Old May 27, 2018, 8:40 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Jpwphl

The shower is now open. It was out of service from Nov - May due to issues with the hot water supplied by the airport.
Great news! Flying DOH-PHL on 28th and I believe the AMEX lounge is the only lounge at PHL with a shower.

Definitely will make good use of it during my layover.
Old May 27, 2018, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by SP03

Haha. Small world. Welcome to my hometown airport! I’ll be heading your way soon.

I do notice a lot of young platinum cardmembers. I wonder if they are primary cardholders or secondary on their parents’. If the former then good for Amex!
Haha I’ll be there tomorrow!

Do let me know if you are heading up to PIT again and we can meet up for a pint or a bite.

In my case I am the primary cardholder
Old May 28, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Haha I’ll be there tomorrow!

Do let me know if you are heading up to PIT again and we can meet up for a pint or a bite.

In my case I am the primary cardholder
Quick layover in PHL? I'll be flying out and stopping by the CL tomorrow
golfingboy likes this.

Last edited by SP03; May 28, 2018 at 5:28 am Reason: Typo
Old May 29, 2018, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Great news! Flying DOH-PHL on 28th and I believe the AMEX lounge is the only lounge at PHL with a shower.

Definitely will make good use of it during my layover.
How's the shower? I walked by the lounge this morning but didn't have time to stop. Not that I would have used the shower. I suspect that's one feature that won't be over-crowded because I can't imagine many folks taking airport showers in Philly. Maybe in the morning off the redeyes? I've never taken a flight from Europe and, after doing something-close-to-nothing for 8 hours, felt I needed an afternoon airport shower. Others may disagree, however.
Old May 29, 2018, 5:01 pm

How's the shower? I walked by the lounge this morning but didn't have time to stop. Not that I would have used the shower. I suspect that's one feature that won't be over-crowded because I can't imagine many folks taking airport showers in Philly. Maybe in the morning off the redeyes? I've never taken a flight from Europe and, after doing something-close-to-nothing for 8 hours, felt I needed an afternoon airport shower. Others may disagree, however.
Turns out I didn't go to the lounge at all - flight arrived a little early so I switched to an earlier PIT flight that boarded 15 mins after I cleared customs.

Talk about nearly seamless/perfect connection.

I can imagine that shower will be very busy in the mornings and maybe spike in the early afternoon after the TATL/QR flights arrive.

Once the AA flagship lounge opens in the next decade I suspect we will see less customers in the Centurion lounge.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Is entrance allowed without an onward ticket? I'm eying a redeye into PHL and would like a shower and breakfast if my ticket into Philly is sufficient.

Thanks.

Last edited by Gig103; May 30, 2018 at 1:50 pm Reason: Typo that changed the meaning of the Q.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gig103
Is entrance allowed with an onward ticket? I'm eying a redeye into PHL and would like a shower and breakfast if my ticket into Philly is sufficient.

Thanks.
I guess you mean "without" an onward ticket? The answer is "probably." There's been some recent controversy about this, with AMEX saying they have the right to limit visits by arriving pax (and the right to limit departing pax to 2 hours before flight). To my knowledge, they've never done this however. Of course, it's possible they will, especially in Philly this summer when the crowds build in the early evening. But it seems improbable that there would be overcrowding in the early AM after a West Coast redeye. So I say go for it, but understand that there's a small chance they won't let you in.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I guess you mean "without" an onward ticket? The answer is "probably." There's been some recent controversy about this, with AMEX saying they have the right to limit visits by arriving pax (and the right to limit departing pax to 2 hours before flight). To my knowledge, they've never done this however. Of course, it's possible they will, especially in Philly this summer when the crowds build in the early evening. But it seems improbable that there would be overcrowding in the early AM after a West Coast redeye. So I say go for it, but understand that there's a small chance they won't let you in.
A fair point - if they say no, I only lose the walk time between B and A-west. And you were correct about my question being "without" an onward ticket and I edited my post as such.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Gig103
Is entrance allowed without an onward ticket? I'm eying a redeye into PHL and would like a shower and breakfast if my ticket into Philly is sufficient.

Thanks.
I’ve done this quite often at the PHL lounge after red eye with PHL as my final destination (it’s my home airport). Stopped for breakfast frequently last fall with no issues. Haven’t tried it for breakfast recently but stopped in for a late supper upon arrival with again no issues.

Yes, if crowding is an issue you might be challenged but probably not. Remember to get a paper boarding pass as your electronic pass will “fade” after use and not be scannable upon arrival. (or capture a screen shot - works at Admiral Club but scanner at Centurion lounge is less forgiving)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.