Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:25 pm

Ritz Carlton New Orleans

Booked a deluxe king (lowest category). Checked in around 1:30pm and was told room was available or I could wait and be upgraded to an executive suite (1 bedroom, 1.5 bath, not ready yet). I took the upgrade (about 5 categories I believe) and the room was ready around 3:00.

Offered late checkout but was not used.

Free breakfast was for buffet only in main dining room.

$100 resort credit could be used for anything except gratuities and booze. Spent on gift shop and late night room service for ice cream.

Awesome hotel in a great location. Close enough and far enough away from Bourbon St, convenient to French Quarter and Street Cars. Service was excellent for the most part. Room was large and well appointed. Dual vanities, separate shower, and a half bath near the entrance. Overall a great stay and we will be back!
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:12 pm

Ritz Carlton Atlanta (Downtown)

Upgrade: Booked a Regular King Room. Was upgraded to a Club Level King Room.

Early Check-In: Upgraded room was available at 1pm, which was wonderful.

Late Check Out: It was not available because of the NFC Championship Game. I wouldn't have been able to use it, so no big.

Breakfast: Free breakfast could be taken in the restaurant or via room service. Benefit was $30 per person.

Special Amenity: $100 in hotel credit. We used it at the restaurant for lunch, as well as the bar for a nightcap.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Oformula
Upgrade: Booked a Regular King Room. Was upgraded to a Club Level King Room.

Early Check-In: Upgraded room was available at 1pm, which was wonderful.

Late Check Out: It was not available because of the NFC Championship Game. I wouldn't have been able to use it, so no big.

Breakfast: Free breakfast could be taken in the restaurant or via room service. Benefit was $30 per person.

Special Amenity: $100 in hotel credit. We used it at the restaurant for lunch, as well as the bar for a nightcap.
An FHR late check out refused ???
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by CGRA
An FHR late check out refused ???
It wasn't refused. I was pre-emptively told at check in that the benefit wasn't available because of the game. My flight was before check-out anyway, so I didn't inquire further. Whether the property would have made an exception for FHR, I don't know.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
It wasn't refused. I was pre-emptively told at check in that the benefit wasn't available because of the game. My flight was before check-out anyway, so I didn't inquire further. Whether the property would have made an exception for FHR, I don't know.
Doesn't the fact that they actually preemptively told you the benefit was not available and why (implying they are fully aware of the benefit) sort of lead to the recognition that they would NOT (and in fact did not) make an exception for FHR?

Regards
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
IC Willard Washington DC

Booked a 'Premier King with View' (3-4th category) and received a double-upgrade to a 'Junior Suite'. Used the $100 USD for minibar, Round Robin's bar (incl. a Mint Julep cocktail) and in-room dining.
Had breakfast once Cafe du Parc and once breakfast in-room. For in-room breakfast you can use $30 per person, so $60 in total.
Early check-in, late check-out: didn't ask and didn't use either one
Attached Images   

Last edited by illesus; Feb 1, 2017 at 12:55 pm
Old Feb 4, 2017, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Doesn't the fact that they actually preemptively told you the benefit was not available and why (implying they are fully aware of the benefit) sort of lead to the recognition that they would NOT (and in fact did not) make an exception for FHR?

Regards
I agree, this is against the FHR rules.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 5:43 pm

RC White plains NY

- late check out offered but not used
- Early check in not used
- upgrade from executive suite to a one BR suite.
Interesting suite :
--- very small LR
--- large BR
--- large hallway between both
--- no sleepers
--- lack of Light in the BR
--- 3rd floor is the lowest floor and is nice as you can see the trees with the Christmas lights on (end of January stay, maybe they keep the lights all year around)
--- the door was unfortunately locked but there is a nice outdoor area from the LR
- USD 80 for breakfast in room or at the lobby lounge
(Charges was fully removed including service and extra tips)
- USD 100 property credit : Not including the only restaurant (as provided by a third party) and the SPA is closed on monday...
Used for in room dining and you can used it at the lobby bar/ finger Food or mini bar
(Not valid for valet parking at USD 30 night)
The tuna tartar of the in room dining menu was very good
- the location seems good with macys and other next to the hotel.
- there is a pool at the 10th floor which is nice
- service seems good to very good (didn't speak too much with the staff for this short overnight stay
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Made my first FHR booking at Ritz Laguna Niguel for 3 rooms.

We had another reservation made directly with the hotel but when I checked the FHR web page the exact rooms for the exact dates was on a stay 4/ pay for 3 rate. Since we needed three rooms it is almost like getting one room free. It also came with other benefits not in the original booking.

We have never been before . Can't wait.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:49 pm

FHR benefits were nicely executed at The American Club in Kohler, Wisconsin this past weekend.

Was upgraded to a Heritage Room (I believe). We took advantage of the current 3rd night free promo.

$100 food/beverage credit could be used at any of the resort's restaurants. The free breakfast was in The Wisconsin Room and could be used for the buffet AND an unlimited number of items from the menu. Gratuity was also included with the breakfast vouchers, which was a nice touch.

Service was highly personalized. We will definitely be back as long as this resort stays in the FHR program.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Ritz-Carlton Abama

Booked entry level room with CTS and stacked with Marriott Platinum
Received huge junior suite
full breakfast
€85 F&B credit
Free spa access (thanks to Marriott Plat I think)

Awesome property. Best European sea-side resort IMHO.

More posted at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ife-spain.html
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: AA, Hilton, Delta
Waldorf Orlando FHR

I have both FHR Hilton Gold status and LHRC. How best should book the Waldorf Orlando the last week of April 5 nights for my family of 4? I would like to end up with a corner Disney view suite after up grade.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by idoc6
I have both FHR Hilton Gold status and LHRC. How best should book the Waldorf Orlando the last week of April 5 nights for my family of 4? I would like to end up with a corner Disney view suite after up grade.
I have HH diam and book via PTS lead in room.
End up in regular (not corner) suite with a view of downtown disney (partial view of the firework)
What is LHRC ?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by CGRA
What is LHRC ?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ollection.html
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:33 am

Thank you. I have learnt something today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.