Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
London West Hollywood

The London West Hollywood, Los Angeles
Two (2) one-night bookings
Upgrade:
London Suite upgraded to Vista Suite for first stay and Crown Suite on second stay. Base rooms look horrible - view is of a wall on another property.
Early Check-in: Not used for first stay, 12:30p check in for second stay.
Late Check-out: Took advantage of guaranteed 4:00pm check out.
Breakfast: This one was new for us. Unlimited breakfast, and they encourage you to order to-go. Amazing service, good food.
WiFi: Included
Amenity: $100 property credit, used both times at the pool. Service was decent, loved the rooftop pool, chaise lounges, etc.
Overall Experience: Definitely will be our go-to in LA. Great sized base rooms, but definitely need Vista category + to get decent views. The unlimited breakfast was an awesome experience and while we didn't go crazy, it was nice to grab some cookies and fruit to-go. Loved the rooftop pool and padding on chaise lounges. There were soem bachelor/bachelorette groups and a wedding on one night so it can get a bit noisy. But loved our stay overall!!
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Sanctuary Camelback, Paradise Valley / Phoenix / Scottsdale
Three (3) night booking, buy two (2) get one (1) free.
Upgrade:
Sold out for the weekend, so booked a Mountain View Casita and got one. Highest building farthest from the main buildings. We just walked up and down stairs for exercise.
Early Check-in: 11:30am check in, room available.
Late Check-out: Took advantage of guaranteed 4:00pm check out.
Breakfast: $60 total at the main restaurant. OK for room service too, with small delivery charge.
Amenity: $100 property credit, used to cover pool charges.
Overall Experience: Good stay since looking for R&R at the pool. Good setup with pool staff helping to set up chairs and umbrella. Room was renovated a year or two ago, so definitely comfortable. Not having a desk in a room this large is a problem...but the bed/mattress was very comfortable. Good experience, though I think there may be better options nearby where we live for R&R weekends.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
The Roosevelt, Waldorf Astoria, New Orleans
Stayed Monday - Thursday
Upgrade:
Originally Posted by martial
Booked a superior king bed, upgraded to a king suite on the 12th floor.
2 nights stay. Book the same and received the same upgrade as a HH Diamond with FHR.
Early Check-in: Arrived late.
Late Check-out: Offered, but not used.
Breakfast: $60 credit for use at either The Fountain Lounge or Teddy's Cafe.
Amenity:
Originally Posted by martial
$100 property credit, used at the gift shop for souvenirs.
Note that the US$ 100 credit cannot be used in Domenica italian restaurant or parking.
Overall Experience: Highly recommended. I like that the F&B, gift shop prices weren't exorbitant as in other FHR hotels. During the check-out I was reminded by the front-desk agent that I've got still $30 credit and recommended to go back shopping to the gift shop!
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
St. Regis, Washington DC
Stayed one night
Upgrade: Booked lowest cat, upgraded to a non-suite. I was told that there is no basic suite for that night (Marriott Plat Plus) and honestly it didn't matter as arrived after 8pm.
Early Check-in: Don't know. N/A
Late Check-out: Don't know. N/A
Breakfast: $60 credit for use ($30 per person up to two) in Private Dining or at Alhambra. Used about $50 for one person and it was removed at check-out.
WiFi: Included, use last name and room number
Amenity: $100 property credit (exclusive of breakfast charges and catering).
Overall Experience: Short stay, but I like this hotel. Windows sound insulation is great, AC isn't noisy. Two great features!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
I have an FHR stay coming up and the noted benefit looks to be well below $100USD, is that allowed by the program? Is there any recourse if that actually is the case?
I'm not going to cancel even with a $40 benefit it is still an amazing deal for this stay.

Last edited by KingBraden; Oct 30, 2018 at 6:31 pm
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by KingBraden
.... the noted benefit looks to be well below $100USD,....
It would be helpful if you were to mention the property, and the benefits that you see listed.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by mia
It would be helpful if you were to mention the property, and the benefits that you see listed.
Sure it is the Arakur in Ushuaia. Here is the benefit:

Unique Amenity

• A complimentary dinner, for two people per room, excluding alcoholic beverages, taxes and gratuities, once during your stay

It's hard to find an official menu but looking at their Facebook they had mother's and father's day buffets for around 900ARS which is roughly 25 USD. These are also considerable higher than the menu posted on January 2017 on trip advisor which lists the buffet dinner at 560 ARS.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:21 am
mia

The buffet prices may be lower than the cooked-to-order menu prices. This site shows that menu prices range ARS 918 - 1836.

https://restaurantguru.com/La-Cravia-Ushuaia
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by mia
The buffet prices may be lower than the cooked-to-order menu prices. This site shows that menu prices range ARS 918 - 1836.

https://restaurantguru.com/La-Cravia-Ushuaia
That's possible but I'm not convinced that restaurant guru is correct. It looks like they report a range and all $$$ restaurants are the same in Argentina for that. It is also likely that prices have changed considerably with the currency crisis.

Never the less, assume that dinner is a total of$40 USD for two, what is the FHR recourse?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 12:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Never the less, assume that dinner is a total of$40 USD for two, what is the FHR recourse?
I'm going to assume the property values the meal at $100 or more, and that there is thus no recourse.

And am I reading incorrectly, or are you planning your complaint (and demand for compensation) before you've even stayed there, and while you're still within the cancel deadline?
747FC likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:59 pm
mia

Moderator action

Report that prepaid FHR stays may earn 5 points per dollar moved:

5x points and FHR?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:51 pm

Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Stayed two nights
Upgrade: Booked Mountain View King, received Mountain View King
Early Check-in: Don't know. N/A
Late Check-out: 4:00 PM offered
Breakfast: $60 credit for use ($30 per person up to two) in the restruants. Was told at Check in that it included room service, but at check out it was not credited. After speaking to the manager room service breakfast cost was removed.
WiFi: Included, use last name and room number
Amenity: $100 property credit (exclusive of breakfast charges applied automatically to the folio).
Overall Experience: Meh, hotel is 9 years old, looks like its 20 years old. AC is noisy. Great for ski in / ski out. but a hiking weekend its not worth the cost. $40 per night valet cost.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm going to assume the property values the meal at $100 or more, and that there is thus no recourse.

And am I reading incorrectly, or are you planning your complaint (and demand for compensation) before you've even stayed there, and while you're still within the cancel deadline?
I don't actually plan on complaining or demanding anything. I'm excited about the stay and terms even without the benefit. I'm just curious what happens when a hotel offers a benefit well below $100. (And I'm much less likely to complain as the value of the benefit is so low because of the Argentine currency crisis so what was a $100 benefit in January is now a $50 benefit)
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:00 pm

Hotel: Loew's Hotel Chicago (single night stay *2)
Upgrade: merely nothing (at least I don't see any distinctions), not even a corn room. Stayed twice, the first time is even a room right at the elevator - super noisy at night.
Early Checkin: NA.
Late Checkout: allowed.
Amenity: $100 F&B credit, covers tips. The room service surcharge is very high - I ordered ~30 food to room and was charged 50+.
Breakfast: 2 $30 credit. The food is... well, I won't visit it without credits, but it is not "bad".
Overall: I booked it because it was cheap ($~200/night) as a FHR. I won't complaint about it as the F&B credit makes it a great deal. But I am not happy with it either. The upgrade is totally nothing. I am a plat in Marriott and happened to stay at a sheraton between two visits. I felt I got a better upgraded room with marriott than FHR. Maybe I am expecting too much or so. But I am not that happy about the upgrade tbh.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I don't actually plan on complaining or demanding anything.
what is the FHR recourse?
re·course: "the legal right to demand compensation or payment."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.