Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Gift cards - can they be used internationally?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Amex Gift cards - can they be used internationally?

I am looking to buy some Amex gift cards and want to know if I can use them internationally just as I would the typical Amex credit card. Anyone do this before?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 12:59 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
http://www.americanexpress.com/us/co...onditions.html

Where can the Card be used? Are there any usage restrictions?

The Card may be used at merchants and retailers in the United States that accept the American Express Card (“Merchants”). The Card cannot be used for ATM cash withdrawals or for recurring billing charges (such as monthly utilities or subscriptions). You may use the Card to make final payments, but may not be able to use the Card to make reservations or deposits (e.g., car rental or hotel reservations).Except where required by law, the Card is not redeemable for cash. The Card may not be used for unlawful purposes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.