Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

250,000 MR Targeted Business Platinum (need TEN $5k+ individual transactions to max)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

250,000 MR Targeted Business Platinum (need TEN $5k+ individual transactions to max)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ICEROCK
I though all AMEX targeted offers have no such restrictions.
Welcome bonus not available if you have or have had this card.
Welcome to Flyertalk. All American Express public offers currently have this restriction. Some targeted offers have the same restriction, some do not. This offer has the restriction, see the first post in this thread.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA UA
Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to Flyertalk. All American Express public offers currently have this restriction. Some targeted offers have the same restriction, some do not. This offer has the restriction, see the first post in this thread.
Thanks! I guess no use to look for a RSVP code.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:48 pm

It does have the exclusion for previous cardholders. I am not . My wife did one of the 150k point ones last month.[/QUOTE]

Where is the sentence on this exclusion (restrictive language) in the letter?

Last edited by plainheart; Apr 30, 2016 at 8:11 pm
Old May 1, 2016, 5:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by plainheart
Where is the sentence on this exclusion (restrictive language) in the letter?
Originally Posted by NecessaryIndulgences
It definitely has the usual language, "Welcome bonus not available if you have or have had this card." I threw that part of the paperwork away, but it is in the same place it always is near the top of the long list of terms & conditions.
Old May 3, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: BA, AAL, UA, SW, HHonors, UR
250k MR bonus?

Wifey just got a Platinum Amex offer with 50k bonus after $5k spend, then 50k additional bonus for each individual purchase over $5k, up to a total maximum of 250k. We had just applied for Gold Business Amex as well as Gold Delta Amex so didn't respond, but now I kind of wish we had...
Old May 4, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
That is strange. I received the same offer but with my name on the offer and I cannot find the restriction at all. Unless I am not looking in the right place.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by 141park
That is strange. I received the same offer but with my name on the offer and I cannot find the restriction at all. Unless I am not looking in the right place.
Not strange at all. Amex has been sending out the 250k offer without restrictive language, I have one.

If only they'd stop sending me the ones WITH restrictive langaie though
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:37 pm

Has anyone got one of these offers recently?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
To confirm, is the $5000 for 20,000 points inclusive of the points you'd get for the spend (i.e. is this a 1 + 3 offer) or is it 20000 pts in addition to the pts you'd get from making the purchase?

This offer today would really be 332,500 total MR points if you are able to make 11 $5k transactions if you get the 1.5x on each $5k purchase.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
what a beautiful offer! No way you can go wrong with it if you can fulfill the spend!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:30 pm

It was a great offer and one I took advantage of, but I'm pretty sure it has been dead for months now? As in, all of the offers that were mailed out have since expired. Hope they bring it back at some point.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Wow, this was a deal. Isn't there a 50% bonus (1.5% MR back) on large purchases for AmEx plat too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.