Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:46 pm

there's a targeted offer $5 credit wys $5 using Android Pay. These are on all our BCE, BC and AxHilton cards. I used mine all of mine at WAG, DH used his Dunkin Donuts. Right after I received the email confirmation, I deleted the card used and upload another so I don't get confused. Two days after purchase, credits post.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
$15 off $100 purchase at Total Wine. Second time I've gotten this offer (first time DL Plat, this time AMEX Plat). Nice offer that's easily stackable with the Total Wine coupons (15%, 15 off $100, etc). Credit should work on a gift card as long as you purchase it in store - T&Cs exclude online gift card purchase
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Store coupons won't count on GC purchase, but you can use them on redemption of GC.

I have spend $100 get 1500 MRs.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Has anyone tried the J.Crew offer? I had it available on a bunch of cards and gave it a try. Received confirmation emails in all cases. A couple of rebates posted the day after the charge. But absolutely nothing for the rest of my AmEx accounts -- and it's been almost a week. I'm just curious if this offer is working any better for other folks.
Did these ever post for you? I did it recently on three AU cards on my wife's account, and only one credit posted. Afterwards, I noticed the terms say:
Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® online account.
which is different from the standard:
Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels.
I hope we don't have to start checking each offer to see if it's once per account or once per card.

Edit: I see from searching this thread that this language has been relatively common and people get their statement credits for all cards it gets added to. I'll just wait it out. I did get the "Congratulations" emails for all three purchases.

Last edited by penner42; Apr 12, 2017 at 12:59 pm
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Amex Offers - MR Points and Returns?

Hi all,

New to the Amex portion of this site. I did a bit of searching and couldn't find a good answer.. As you know, there are frequently offers listed that are Spend $X+ at Whatever Merchant, get XXXX MR Points. I know that these bonus MR points typically credit faster than the cash back deals and certainly faster than monthly statement MR points, so I'm just wondering, what happens to those bonus points if you make a return to the merchant?

There is currently a few offers on my Amex EveryDay card ($1K+ spend for 20K MRs, $500+ spend for 10k MRs, etc) at merchants that I wouldn't typically shop with and don't particularly need anything from, but I'm wondering if this is an easy way to get a whole bunch of MRs, or if they'll get pulled back after a return? (I'm assuming the answer is they will pull them back, but checking here to be sure).

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:25 pm

Never returned an item, but at one point there was a 10K amextravel.com offer. I booked a hotel on my Japan trip and had it credited...but then I cancelled when my plans changed and the points were never clawed back

Lucky probably
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Hi all,

New to the Amex portion of this site. I did a bit of searching and couldn't find a good answer.. As you know, there are frequently offers listed that are Spend $X+ at Whatever Merchant, get XXXX MR Points. I know that these bonus MR points typically credit faster than the cash back deals and certainly faster than monthly statement MR points, so I'm just wondering, what happens to those bonus points if you make a return to the merchant?

There is currently a few offers on my Amex EveryDay card ($1K+ spend for 20K MRs, $500+ spend for 10k MRs, etc) at merchants that I wouldn't typically shop with and don't particularly need anything from, but I'm wondering if this is an easy way to get a whole bunch of MRs, or if they'll get pulled back after a return? (I'm assuming the answer is they will pull them back, but checking here to be sure).

Thanks in advance!

pretty sure there are threads on this subject if you search..

IIRC, if you return everything and the refund matches the total charged, they will get clawed back.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by mysterym
IIRC, if you return everything and the refund matches the total charged, they will get clawed back.
It's not relevant whether the return is total or partial.
If the conditions of the AmEx offer are no longer satified after the return, the rebate will be clawed back.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:04 am

$40 off $200+ purchases of airfare with jetBlue. I received this on 3 of my BCP cards, don't know if it's targeted but don't see it on twitter.

"Get a one-time $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200+ in one or more transactions to purchase airline tickets directly from JetBlue by 6/30/2017. See terms for exclusions."

I don't fly jetBlue...
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jnb_tx

I don't fly jetBlue...
Is the billing address of your American Express account located in a market served by JetBlue? If I were an airline I would try to target prospects rather than existing customers.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by jnb_tx
$40 off $200+ purchases of airfare with jetBlue. I received this on 3 of my BCP cards, don't know if it's targeted but don't see it on twitter.

"Get a one-time $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200+ in one or more transactions to purchase airline tickets directly from JetBlue by 6/30/2017. See terms for exclusions."

I don't fly jetBlue...
I have a similar offer on the PRG. Spend $200, get 4,000 MR points.
Nothing on Platinum or Hilton cards.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mia
Is the billing address of your American Express account located in a market served by JetBlue? If I were an airline I would try to target prospects rather than existing customers.
I flew JetBlue from Long Beach to San Francisco last summer when they had that 75k mile offer, paid for the ticket with an Amex.

Not targeted as of yet.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:28 am

Anyone used the 20k MR on 1000 air france purchase? Bought 1400 in tickets but did not get an email or anything telling me I used the offer and have not seen the points post.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by antonius66
Anyone used the 20k MR on 1000 air france purchase? Bought 1400 in tickets but did not get an email or anything telling me I used the offer and have not seen the points post.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post28099633
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:27 pm

Many thanks...exactly what I was looking for. I had actually called a little bit earlier and after checking with their IT section, they told me there was an issue with the offer not triggering properly and not emailing me, but they assured me they will note it if the points don't show. First time ever that an Amex offer did not send me an email immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.