Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2016?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2016?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:49 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by LondonElite
We may not have published data, but I think the group of those spending €8,500 a month on their Amex in NL or Italy must be quite large.
I can only speak to what I have experience with. I've spoken to AMEX NL. It was a few years ago. The spend criteria was approximately €100k/year +/-. If you fit the profile (and have a Platinum Card) you can call and request Centurion. You'll get a call back rather quickly. They are rather open about the process. I, of course, have no data-points with regard to how many Platinums there are (in NL) and/or how many card-holders are spending >€8.500 per month. You can probably "guess" the number of Centurion Cardholders (in NL) by the publication data from the NL version of the Centurion magazine. But, I am just not that curious.

Originally Posted by stimpy
Not really. Amex is very weak in those markets.
Agree. But, things are better in NL since AMEX aggressively lowered the rates for merchants. In some cases lower than MasterCard or Visa. (I've heard this from various merchants, I am not an expert or have "expert data" about this...) But, as we know, PIN is "king" in Netherlands. I mean, having two supermarkets in walking distance to my apartment that accept AMEX. Amazing. Something that would have not been the case even a few years ago.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: Various
I think the spend is one thing, and the category/type of spend is another. Tenure is not so much an issue, I went from Gold to Plat (when it was invite only in the UK in 1 month) and then from Plat to Centurion in a further 14 months). I'd say the threshold is different per market and not as clear cut as the touted $250k in the US, I know my spend in the 14 months before was over $100k but not $250k - there was a high ratio of flights and other travel related expenses though.

What will be needed though is a perfect on time payment record. Idiot here forgot one month that I had a direct debit setup and then paid my bill (again) which then sent a payment back from the direct debit, which unhelpfully showed as an issue with payment (but a quick call soon had that ironed out).
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:08 am

Hi All,
just got a phone call from the Centurion Acquisition manager here in Italy.
I am Plat since 2012 avg spending not very high 150/200k year but mainly travel booked via amex and luxury goods...

In Italy the card cost 3.000€/yr plus 3.000€ initiation fee with 2 Cent suppl and 4 other cards the colour I prefer.

Timing to get the card abount 2 months. ^
Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:03 pm

Magari
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
The German centurion card is getting a relaunch.
Annual fee will increase from EUR 2.000 to EUR 5.000 (!) (= USD5.500).

The new benefits include VIP airport access 4 times per year at 7 German airport, plus free parking for up to 5 days.

However, everything needs to be booked through Amex.
So if you book through your corporate travel agent, no dice.

I guess they are looking at a new target group. No longer the high spending business traveller but more the bling bling wallet jewelery customer.

My annual fee stays at EUR 2.000 until March 31st 2017, when I'll be downgrading to Platinum after having the card since launch in Germany.

Currently new invitations are on hold.
The actually sent out an ipad (16GB, wifi) to exisiting Centurion holders with these new benefits in an app. (That will be going straight to ebay).
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Rambuster
That's a ripoff. Its not worth it. I prefer to keep that kind of money in my pocket and get a visa or MC @:-)
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Originally Posted by Rambuster

The new benefits include VIP airport access 4 times per year at 7 German airport, plus free parking for up to 5 days.

However, everything needs to be booked through Amex.
So if you book through your corporate travel agent, no dice.

I guess they are looking at a new target group. No longer the high spending business traveller but more the bling bling wallet jewelery customer.

My annual fee stays at EUR 2.000 until March 31st 2017, when I'll be downgrading to Platinum after having the card since launch in Germany.

Currently new invitations are on hold.
The actually sent out an ipad (16GB, wifi) to exisiting Centurion holders with these new benefits in an app. (That will be going straight to ebay).
So they value at 750€ the VIP airport access plus 5 days free parking? Nice gesture Amex!
Question is, will they spread this great offer to the rest of Europe?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 2:23 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, Amex Platinum, Citi TY Premier, Expedia Elite +, BA Silver
Hi guys,

I'm a lurker on here so I have never posted. Got an invite last week Friday.

2014 gold card spend was 280k
2015 plat card spend was 380k
2016 plat to date is 270k

Use the card for everything from a starbucks to booking holiday.
Actually have used fine hotels and resorts three times in total.
Most of my travel booking and car rental is done through expedia or direct.
100k per year is luxury shopping
100k is restaurants
over 50% is international travel

Card arrives in 2 business days.

Last edited by jerome88; Aug 3, 2016 at 2:15 pm
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Welcome (officially) to FlyerTalk jerome88! And congratulations on the invite, nice to see some up-to-date metrics. Are you located in the U.S.?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by TexasTea
Welcome (officially) to FlyerTalk jerome88! And congratulations on the invite, nice to see some up-to-date metrics. Are you located in the U.S.?
As the picture shows a NY phone number, I'm going to guess yes. So that is a pretty clear data point.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by jerome88
Card arrives in 2 business days.
wow only 2 days to have the card... Here in italy I sent the upgrade form in middle july, the card will arrive at the end of august! (they say because the card will arrive from uk and bla bla bla)

Last edited by mia; Aug 3, 2016 at 9:42 am Reason: Prune quotation
Old Aug 3, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, Amex Platinum, Citi TY Premier, Expedia Elite +, BA Silver
Originally Posted by TexasTea
Yes in NYC

I will also say that it's too bad there is so much hating on this thread about the Cent. Shows how much people care about the Amex Cent and how big of a deal it is.

Last edited by mia; Aug 3, 2016 at 2:19 pm Reason: Combine consecutive replies.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by jerome88
I will also say that it's too bad there is so much hating on this thread about the Cent. Shows how much people care about the Amex Cent and how big of a deal it is.
Indeed.

Forgot to say Welcome to the Club Jerome! ^
Old Aug 4, 2016, 4:29 am

Welcome Jerome, we are curious about the box where you found this card.
Can you show us the box?

Last edited by mia; Aug 4, 2016 at 6:36 am Reason: Remove quoted image
Old Aug 4, 2016, 4:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.