Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2016?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2016?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:49 pm
JD2

Programs: AMEX Plat, Qantas WP
Smile Update

HI all,

Just an update from my previous post.
The invite was genuine and I was accepted. My card arrived yesterday.

I think the card requirements are not based on earnings nor asset value. It's based on consistent spending levels and paying on time. (Just my thoughts)

Anyway. Thoughts I'd let you know.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:14 am

Congrats!

Last edited by rymetymeuk; Oct 18, 2016 at 9:14 am Reason: Saw the answer to the question I asked in previous post.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: aeroplan, amex mr, avios
Originally Posted by JD2
HI all,

Just an update from my previous post.
The invite was genuine and I was accepted. My card arrived yesterday.

I think the card requirements are not based on earnings nor asset value. It's based on consistent spending levels and paying on time. (Just my thoughts)

Anyway. Thoughts I'd let you know.
Congrats... Can you share your average spending? and for how long have you been a member?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:48 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cyberd
... Can you share ...
Scroll back to post 159 and read forward. Note that JD2's card is issued in Australia, and the standards are not relevant to North American markets.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Bonvoy LTT, Centurion, HH Diamond
Btw, final post on my 'spending issue' from 2 months ago..

I looked at my account online this morning.. lo and behold, a new feature to check your "spending power".

This is exactly the feature needed to avoid the situation I was in previously.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, M&M HON & SPG Plat
Originally Posted by JD2
I think the card requirements are not based on earnings nor asset value. It's based on consistent spending levels and paying on time.
This is what I believe as well, I frequently put through my work flights, hotels, restaurant spend and personal purchases (from McDonalds to Harrods) on my German Plat and within a year and a bit I got an invite (well I was calling and the agent mentioned it) which I accepted.

I have 2 houses (London and Munich) with no mortgage and 1 (Paris) with mortgage with a total value of under 2.5 million euro plus my salary is in the Ł150k mark.

I have a feeling that if I try and transfer my German Cent to UK (I have a Plat), they will reject me based on current spend being far below what it was (largely because work no longer allow personal cards to be used for business expenses).
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:02 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by NickinTO
... a new feature to check your "spending power".
This feature has existed on the USA site for a long while, and there is anecdotal evidence that it is inaccurate. A transaction may be declined even if the site tells you it would be approved. Proceed with caution.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 1:53 pm

Just wanted to chime in and provide you guys with my own experience. I am a Gold Business Card holder and I have put more than $2 million through it in business expenses this year. I spend almost nothing in comparison on my personal AMEX Delta SkyMiles Gold card. Did not receive any invites yet but they do keep spamming me with the pop-up for a Platinum upgrade which I have been declining because I would lose about $4,000 in points rewards annually if I were to switch from my current rewards plan. None of my expenses are lifestyle related. I work in internet marketing so it's kind of a spend $10,000 to make $1,000 type of deal.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion
Received and accepted an invite

Been an Amex Platinum holder for 18 years. Avg spend over the past few years is around 200k per year. Decent amount of luxury goods and travel spending.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: MS Plat
Originally Posted by NJMichigan
Been an Amex Platinum holder for 18 years. Avg spend over the past few years is around 200k per year. Decent amount of luxury goods and travel spending.
Do you mind sharing when you've got and accepted the invite?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:39 pm

Received and accepted the offer four months ago. I've received the Yurman gift card and been offered a number of concert and Broadway tickets. Unfortunately timing didn't work out for our previous tickets, but we did accept two tickets for Cats this weekend.

Originally Posted by speculatus
Do you mind sharing when you've got and accepted the invite?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: MS Plat
Received and accepted the offer four months ago. I've received the Yurman gift card and been offered a number of concert and Broadway tickets. Unfortunately timing didn't work out for our previous tickets, but we did accept two tickets for Cats this weekend.
Thanks for a data point!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:31 am

Out of curiosity, are you willing to share what concert tickets you've been offered?

Thanks - and congrats!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:16 am

Centurion emailed me an invitation for Stevie Wonder tickets in LA next month.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:27 pm

Beyoncé in NJ and the Desert Trip festival, a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Out of curiosity, are you willing to share what concert tickets you've been offered?

Thanks - and congrats!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.