Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Best use of cc miles for BHM-BCN business class airfare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, but I've been out of the loop for a while regarding information on an overseas flight from BHM - BCN in February, 2016. I have Amex miles I can transfer to the different airlines that allow transfers. I also have a CapitalOne card that I can use to purchase an economy fare and then upgrade to Bus. Class with transferred miles.

I don't have elite status on any of the airlines, so I'm not sure which way would be best for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Last edited by BHMMel; Jun 11, 2015 at 9:43 pm
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:32 pm

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.2141 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Hi Mel,

I've been spending some time in BHM, really like it too.

Here are some thoughts and questions:

How many people are going?
Are you interested in business class for both directions?

From BHM you won't have any direct options so a transfer would be necessary (ATL, ORD...) Atlanta could be worth looking at as I've found reward space out of BHM to be limited.

What type of Amex points do you have? MR or a partner card with points/miles?

Is Capital One cash back for a ticket?

Let me know and I can point you in the right direction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.