Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International airlines are excluded to get points?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kat007
I sure spoke with another one, who said it was too early and that it takes a billing cycle, which is also incorrect for Gold Business card (it applies to Blue card though and I don`t expect them to show up).
I don't know why you think it's incorrect for Gold Business.

That's exactly the card I was referring to in my example in my previous post.

I got the Gold Business card at the start of April, and the first purchase was on April 3. One statement printed a few weeks later, and another statement printed this past Friday. So far, 0 points are showing on my online account (more than 6 weeks after the first purchase with the card).

Originally Posted by Kat007
The thing is they don`t even see them being pending. Nothing.
Only if I look at my printed / PDF statement do I see the first statement (from April) saying 0 points period as of 3/31, and the second statement (from Friday) is saying that I have some points pending as of 4/30. If they're pending as of 4/30, why are no points showing as pending on the website yet???

So not only do they take a long time to show up as posted, they even take a long time to show up as pending!

Anyway, reading other posts, I get the impression this is fairly common. So I don't know where you got the idea that there is never a delay for MR points on the Business Gold card.
Old May 25, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: QR Silver, BA Silver, FB Gold
Originally Posted by mia
If you purchased anything from any airline anywhere in the world you should receive one base point per dollar. If you have a card which earns bonus points for purchasing airfare (such as Premier Rewards Gold) you would earn those bonus points only if the airline's merchant account is setup to match the criteria that American Express uses.
It was always my understanding (don't remember from where exactly) that, to receive the 3X points on my PRG, the airline charge has to be issued in the U.S. A charge by BA not issued by "BA.COM USA", for example, would not be eligible (I mean, it would only only earn the "regular" 1X points).
Old May 25, 2015, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

probably an error, and 1 rep didnt know what they were talking about ?
Old May 26, 2015, 6:19 am
Suspended

I'm not really sure why there is so much discussion about this. It's simple.

If the ticket was purchased on the BA website, you will get 3x points for the purchase. This is guaranteed no matter what any customer service rep tells you. If by some whimsical act of God you don't get points, you call them and tell them to post the points or you will close the card immediately. End of story.

As far as when the points go from invisible to pending, typically 3-5 business days after the billing statement closed. If you made the purchase close to the end of billing statement, there is a good chance the transaction didn't actually post until after the statement already closed. In which case, you'll need to wait another month or so for the points to show up in pending.

Relax, go have a coffee, read the paper, and take a chill pill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.