Secondary Card Spend and Bonus MR Points

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriot Silver, BA Silver
Secondary Card Spend and Bonus MR Points

All;

Pretty easy question that I didn't see answered when I searched the forum:

Does spending on a secondary Plat card count towards the threshold to earning bonus MR points?

In other words, my wife and I just got Plat cards, with the 100K bonus MR for spending $3K within 90 days. My wife is the primary card holder and has spent about $500 already, but on my card (the secondary card) I've already racked up about $1500. Does that secondary card spend count towards the $3K we need to get the bonus MR or does only the primary card spend count?

Thanks as always to everybody on this board - I've learned so much from coming here!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:02 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sullivbt
Does spending on a secondary Plat card count towards the threshold to earning bonus MR points?
Yes
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, mia - that was short and to the point! LOL
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by sullivbt
Pretty easy question that I didn't see answered when I searched the forum
You can also always check the terms of the offer. I don't have the terms for your 100K offer but here are the terms and relevant text from the standard 40K offer as an example (emphasis added):
https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...rmsDisclosures
To be eligible to earn the 40,000 Membership Rewards points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards program at the time of purchase. 40,000 Membership Rewards points will be credited to your account after you charge a total of $3,000 (the "Threshold Amount") or more of purchases on your Platinum CardŽ from American Express within the first 3 months of Platinum Card Membership. Qualifying purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card account. Offer expires 08/09/2016.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Takeshi;

thanks, but I couldn't find the terms of the 100K offer either! It wasn't in the paperwork that they mailed me and I don't see it online. That's what concerns me a bit; I know the 100K offer is relatively uncommon and I'm and afraid that the Ts and Cs for this offer may be different from that of their "normal" offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.