Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

FHR USA rates appear on amextravel.com [March 2015] (some cardholders, some browers)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FHR USA rates appear on amextravel.com [March 2015] (some cardholders, some browers)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:59 am
dw
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb

So I may just be very slow in discovering this... but when did FHR hotel rates become bookable through the much less clunky amextravel.com web site?

I do find it odd that Amex is still running the original FHR booking portal alongside having the rates integrated into amextravel.com.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:13 pm

It's news to me and I am not seeing FHR rates on that website
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dw
So I may just be very slow in discovering this... but when did FHR hotel rates become bookable through the much less clunky amextravel.com web site?

I do find it odd that Amex is still running the original FHR booking portal alongside having the rates integrated into amextravel.com.
Its been integrated on the UK amex travel site for years now as long as your logged in beforehand.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 1:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
Nor do I, nor is amextravel.com particularly responsive. I looked at a property that I know is in FHR, and saw no mention. Could be that American Express is testing an integrated booking site for the USA similar to those in Canada and UK, and it may not yet be live for most USA users.

It would be helpful if dw mentioned a specific property and dates to illustrate.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:29 pm
dw
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by mia
Could be that American Express is testing an integrated booking site for the USA similar to those in Canada and UK, and it may not yet be live for most USA users.
Ahhh... that makes sense. This is what I am seeing:

Once I am logged into the amextravel.com site, if I go to the Hotels tab, I see a reference to FHR:

If I do a search (in this example, of Las Vegas), the FHR properties are identified:

And if you click through to display room rates, the regular rates are displayed on the left, with FHR rates (and a listing of the benefits) on the right:

Overall, the site is far faster/more responsive than the existing US FHR portal, and more importantly to me, does not require Flash, so it can be accessed via an iPad.

(Incidentally, what made me look into this today was seeing, in the application T&C for the Premier Rewards Gold card, a reference to FHR bookings being excluded from the 2x MR points offer for certain travel booked through amextravel.com)
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
+1 I am not seeig FHR rates either
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:36 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by dw
Ahhh... that makes sense. This is what I am seeing:
Thank you. I do not see this if I login using my Business Platinum card credentials, but I do so it using ms mia's personal Platinum credentials. I have created a separate thread.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Thank you. I do not see this if I login using my Business Platinum card credentials, but I do so it using ms mia's personal Platinum credentials. I have created a separate thread.
personal Plat card here ... don't see FHR rates
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:07 pm

Business platinum - not seeing it.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:15 pm

I see it when I am logged in and switch to the UK site.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm getting the regular Amex travel site. Probably is a test of a possible integrated site. I still need to select FHR to access the benefits.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Personal - no FHR rates
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Personal - I see FHR rates. Pretty sweet that they are displayed here now. FHR site used to be a pain.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 6:51 am

Personal - I see FHR rates.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, Delta Skymiles
Personal - No FHR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.