Wiki Posts
Search

Biz Gold churn under 1-year based on invite

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Biz Gold churn under 1-year based on invite

I just signed up for Business Gold 75k offer that was personally mailed to me. Afterwards I found out that my most recent Business Gold cancellation was in April 2014, which was less than a year ago.

I have read that there is typically a 1-year close required before opening a new account, however I don't see any such language in the terms of the mailing I received. Amex cannot confirm whether the bonus is on my account until 72 hours after opening.

Has anyone had a similar situation and has the invite offer taken precedence over the usual 1-year requirement I mentioned? Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by dlandz
Amex cannot confirm whether the bonus is on my account until 72 hours after opening.
Did you talk to a front-line CSR or a MR CSR? There are definitely CSRs who deal with MR only; indeed, I've talked with one within the last few months. I believe they can tell you this, as I'm pretty sure that they've done this for me.

I found a MR CSR by navigating their IVR system; I'm not sure how to get there from a front-line CSR. Ask, maybe?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
I asked online but selected that it was an MR support issue. I found another friend who believes this worked for him as no terms were mentioned in his offer (but he could not confirm whether it had definitely been a year)
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I believe there is at least one report that a bonus was denied in similar circumstances because the terms displayed during the application process supercede the terms of the solicitation, but my recollection of the specifics is too hazy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.