Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex losing Regus Business World

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
The platinum card is really losing value these days. You can even get the Boingo benefit on the SPG card. I think to stay competitive amex needs to
  • $200 airline credit good for any airline purchase including airfare (like Citi)
  • Primary car rental insurance (like Chase Sapphire Preferred, which is a fraction of the AF)
  • Tiered point earning structure (like the PRG)
  • Trip delay/Baggage delay insurance

One can dream ...
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by JHake10
The platinum card is really losing value these days. You can even get the Boingo benefit on the SPG card. I think to stay competitive amex needs to
[LIST][*]$200 airline credit good for any airline purchase including airfare (like Citi)
Do we effectively have that with the gift card routine?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
You may want to update the title of this thread if you are only talking about US based Amex business platinum. My Regus Gold is still active, but I can't recall if I got this through my US Centurion or my French AF Amex or some other partnership. Maybe Flying Blue?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by dhuey
Why jump through hoops though. Why can't AMEX just compete with Citi. If i'm not mistaken, Citi offers $250
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by dhuey
There are some indications that the GC trick may no longer work -- data points in the threads discussing the benefit show a delay in reimbursements.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
Eh? Whatever they tell you, free Gold cards do not expire (Edit: at least, mine never has). I am in one as I type using a free Gold I got 5 years ago.
Of course they expire. After all, if you buy Gold it costs $59 per month on a 6 month contract. There have been mistakes like someone got one and they told him it expires in 2078, but they do expire.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:17 am

Regis may want to start making money like that Silicon Valley shared office space company that just raised another 500,000,000 and is moving into shared luxury work apartments like dorms. But as to Amex it seems like they are the losing a lot of perks
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Originally Posted by mvoight
Of course they expire. After all, if you buy Gold it costs $59 per month on a 6 month contract. There have been mistakes like someone got one and they told him it expires in 2078, but they do expire.
Well, if the 2078 gold cards are a "mistake," it's a mistake that's still benefiting a lot of people. Just last week I got into their business lounge in SLC with an old Virgin Atlantic gold card with a 2078 exp date.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
Well, if the 2078 gold cards are a "mistake," it's a mistake that's still benefiting a lot of people. Just last week I got into their business lounge in SLC with an old Virgin Atlantic gold card with a 2078 exp date.
Counterpoint, my Regus Gold card most certainly did expire, as I was rejected from using a Business Lounge some months ago on that basis.

And I actually did used to rent/use Regus day offices from time to time, as well, but noticed that my discount evaporated about the same time.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
My Regus Gold card didn't expire, but it has now changed it's color to blue.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:51 am

Ditto - I had a free Regus Gold Card which they have just realised and downgraded to blue in the system
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Same- as far as I can tell Blue doesn't get me anything
Old Dec 25, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Is there any alive sign-ups for Regus Gold, complementary to something else (like TripIt Pro, before) or discounted offers? My Gold seems to be again downgraded

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.