Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge MIA - When do you hope it will open?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:53 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Just asked about MIA opening at the LGA lounge. Nothing new to report.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:51 pm

I'm planning to fly AA out of MIA at the end of April. Hope it is open by then.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by steve4
I had better be open by then!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by steve4
I changed a LA flight to an AA one just to depart from the same terminal the lounge is located. Now I just need luck, since I travel in early-ish February .
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:36 am
Original Member

For my return from MIA to SFO, I need it up by 7 Feb. long shot, I figure.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I'm hoping for March 18th.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I'm going to go out on a limb and take a wild guess that Amex's schedule for opening this lounge actually is in no way correlated or connected various FTer's hope, desire, specifically scheduled flight dates, etc.

What if we just waited until Amex communicates the actual opening date? (crazy, I know)

Regards
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
I'm going to go out on a limb and take a wild guess that Amex's schedule for opening this lounge actually is in no way correlated or connected various FTer's hope, desire, specifically scheduled flight dates, etc.

What if we just waited until Amex communicates the actual opening date? (crazy, I know)

Regards
Blasphemy!

AMEX must open the lounge on [INSERT DATE HERE] so I can use it the next time I go through MIA! AMEX is there to serve ME!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:02 pm

In all fairness, back in May when they first announced this lounge, they said it would open by the end of 2014.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by michael_v
In all fairness, back in May when they first announced this lounge, they said it would open by the end of 2014.
And yet it's not open at this point is it? I think that merely serves to reinforce my point that it's ridiculous to attempt to make travel plans based on the opening of a lounge.

It will open when it opens, not a day before. No amount of the standard FT gnashing of the teeth will have any bearing, whatsoever, on the opening date of this club.

Regards
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
And yet it's not open at this point is it? I think that merely serves to reinforce my point that it's ridiculous to attempt to make travel plans based on the opening of a lounge.

It will open when it opens, not a day before. No amount of the standard FT gnashing of the teeth will have any bearing, whatsoever, on the opening date of this club.

Regards
2 very well written posts by this person saying it how it is. Why get worked up over something you have no control over?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
No one is saying they MUST open by any specific date. People were merely expressing their hope that it MIGHT be open by a certain date. Why get so snarky?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:46 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wripro
No one is saying they MUST open by any specific date. People were merely expressing their hope that it MIGHT be open by a certain date. Why get so snarky?
Because some of us subscribe to email notifications for this thread and every time we get a notification of an update to the thread, we only find a completely useless response in the form of "I'll be in MIA on this date, the lounge better to be open by then." All these "I hope it will be open by this date" responses adds absolutely zero value to the thread.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:34 pm
Original Member

Regards
Yikes, it's just chit chat. Nobody here is worked up that I can see. Merely stating druthers, not staking lives or in any way imagining AmEx haunts this board and quakes in fear of our displeasure.

Originally Posted by seawolf
Because some of us subscribe to email notifications for this thread and every time we get a notification of an update to the thread, we only find a completely useless response in the form of "I'll be in MIA on this date, the lounge better to be open by then." All these "I hope it will be open by this date" responses adds absolutely zero value to the thread.
Obvious solution: unsubscribe. We are to be deprived of our chit chat because you are inconvenienced? Good heavens, man, this is the internet and you're lucky we're not ranting about cats.

Last edited by mia; Jan 14, 2015 at 7:43 am Reason: Combine consecutive replies
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:16 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KatW

Obvious solution: unsubscribe. We are to be deprived of our chit chat because you are inconvenienced? Good heavens, man, this is the internet and you're lucky we're not ranting about cats.
I never asked anybody to stop the "chit chat." I'm just pointing out it adds zero value to the thread. Out of the 73 post in this thread, there's only a handful that is value added.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.