Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Contacting Concierge other than by phone (UK)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2014, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Contacting Concierge other than by phone (UK)

Well had a frustrating circular set of discussions with AmEx complaints team.

1) Tried to email Concierge for a non-urgent request. Got an email back saying they no longer accept requests by email only by secure messaging

2) Go into Secure Messaging and Concierge (and travel) are no longer there

3) Message the Complaints team about the above

4) Complaints team says if not able to send Secure Message send by email to which I reply that they dont accept email

5) Complaints team says if they dont accept email then send by Secure Message to which I reply that I cant

6) Complaints team say if I cant send secure messages then send by email to which I reply again that they say they wont accept

7) Complaints team come back saying they've confirmed email wont be accepted so I have to send by secure messaging

Getting bored with the complaints team not actually reading the case notes I phoned them up today to be advised by them that Concierge and Travel have been intentionally removed from secure messaging and Concierge wont accept new instructions by email and so the only way to contact them is by telephone.

Anyone else finding this? Certainly I find it easier to fire off a quick email/ secure message for a non-urgent request, esp when working in different timezones, than have to phone them, say what I want a couple of times and then be told I'll have to wait for the restaurant etc to open again etc
Old May 13, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
I have this email address for Centurion Concierge: Concierge Services <[email protected]>.
My card is issued in Argentina. I don't think this is an address for argentinian cards tho, because I also have a specific argentinian concierge email. But when I send an email to the provided address, i get a reply from them. So start by saying your name and where your card is issued so they can re-direct the message.
Old May 14, 2014, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Many thanks

I do have the general UK concierge email address and the personal email addresses of a couple of the people I've dealt with in the past but the two emails I've sent (one to each) were responded to with an email saying I must raise the new request by Secure Messaging - so clearly those in Concierge don't now secure messaging has been turned off for them either.
Old May 14, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Would be very useful to be able to email requests- especially when travelling
Old May 14, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
hmm that's strange. I used the email address I provided during my trip in January/February. I've requested several things from restaurant reservations, to information about a city we were going to visit, and problems we faced. All answered within hours (we were across the world with almost 12 hour difference).
Old May 14, 2014, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tuchop
hmm that's strange. I used the email address I provided during my trip in January/February. I've requested several things from restaurant reservations, to information about a city we were going to visit, and problems we faced. All answered within hours (we were across the world with almost 12 hour difference).
For the UK this is new, I can see I sent a Secure Message only last month to them and have done things via standard emails in the past. Now can't do either.

Travel have also removed secure messaging but they are saying that emails, whilst not preferred, are ok still
Old May 14, 2014, 2:19 pm
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Do you have an RM? My RM takes care of Travel & Concierge related items for me. When he's not there, his colleagues pick up his emails and answer them. Very odd that they've stopped accepting your emails! I'd almost cancel mine if they made me go through such hoops - having a dedicated contact is one of the few reasons I justify the cost of my Centurion card!

Maybe give the UK Cent team a call and ask who your RM is, or what email address you can reach them at? That really would be bonkers to need to secure message them each time!

Last edited by JK; May 14, 2014 at 11:37 pm Reason: Remove phone number
Old May 15, 2014, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JK
Do you have an RM? My RM takes care of Travel & Concierge related items for me. When he's not there, his colleagues pick up his emails and answer them. Very odd that they've stopped accepting your emails! I'd almost cancel mine if they made me go through such hoops - having a dedicated contact is one of the few reasons I justify the cost of my Centurion card!

Maybe give the UK Cent team a call and ask who your RM is, or what email address you can reach them at? That really would be bonkers to need to secure message them each time!
I am Plat rather than Cent, I did once have one offer to be an RM for me (I assume unofficially given Plat dont normally get a dedicated RM) but I was fairly new to AmEx then and didnt know how much I would be using it etc so didnt take them up on the offer.

Its even more bonkers them saying I have to secure message them when they've turned off the secure messaging
Old May 15, 2014, 8:35 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Astaroth
... didnt know how much I would be using it ...
How often had you been contacting them? Is it possible that you have been a heavy user of the service, and this is a strategy to reduce the frequency of your requests?
Old May 15, 2014, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
How often had you been contacting them? Is it possible that you have been a heavy user of the service, and this is a strategy to reduce the frequency of your requests?
Not heavy at all, at least not in my books. Maybe 1 request to each Travel and Concierge every 2-3 months though each request can have a little backwards and forwards as they can be wanting recommendations.
Old May 15, 2014, 8:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Astaroth
... Maybe 1 request to each Travel and Concierge every 2-3 months ...
That seems very reasonable.
Old May 23, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
My workaround is to send a secure message via " Account Management - Benefits & Services" and prefix it to say that I'd like to use the Concierge Service, they then forward it through!

This time they've just suggested these email addresses for the future, not yet had the chance to test either to see if they've been disabled too or not:

Old May 23, 2014, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
not yet had the chance to test either to see if they've been disabled too or not:
I did, they havent been disabled but the Concierge one replied saying that they cannot accept instruction via it please send it by Secure Messaging. The Travel one is fine.

My trick was to send the request via Complaints - ironically it wasnt forwarded to them hence having a new message to send that team to which they replied they were happy to forward messages

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.