Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015, enlarged January 2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015, enlarged January 2019]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:56 am

Am I right that from Concourse E there is a connection to Concourse D behind security which lets me enter the skytrain at Station 3 and take it to Station 1 from where I just have a short walk to the Lounge?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by wisenberger
Am I right that from Concourse E there is a connection to Concourse D behind security which lets me enter the skytrain at Station 3 and take it to Station 1 from where I just have a short walk to the Lounge?
Yes this is accurate. D and E have a secure connection. It's a little bit of a walk, but not too bad.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL charter DM2MM, UA Silver, marriott lifetime titanium hilton lif diamond , national exec elite
Originally Posted by wisenberger
That is correct... i went thru security at D/E and took the skytrain exactly as u said...
Old Jun 18, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I was there on Monday. The food was nice, loved the fried chicken (stop the hate), very good wine for a lounge, good desserts, very crowded but I was able to get a table without waiting. No spa appointments available for the rest of the day
Old Jun 18, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL charter DM2MM, UA Silver, marriott lifetime titanium hilton lif diamond , national exec elite
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
I was there on Monday. The food was nice, loved the fried chicken (stop the hate), very good wine for a lounge, good desserts, very crowded but I was able to get a table without waiting. No spa appointments available for the rest of the day
Yes...agreed

I had a nice rosé with my "brunch"
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:04 am

it is a fresh breath of air compared to the tried admirals clubs and united clubs
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
I was there two weeks ago. Had 6am MIA-LGA flight so only had 30 minutes to enjoy the lounge. Only continental breakfast (fruit and muffin) available as they start serving breakfast at 6am and we had to be out of there by 5:30 for boarding. Everyone was courteous and the guest service desk said that the spa opens at 9am, for future reference lol

Last edited by aSiAnRiCk; Jul 4, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:54 pm

Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015]

I was there Thursday night and published my review today. Overall, disappointed.

BUT only because I have been to the Centurions in DFW, SFO and LAS. I can imagine if you've never been to any others you'll love it.

Hating or not, the chicken was disappointing. WAY to greasy for me and I'm Venezuelan. We deep fry everything.

The cocktail list was non-existent. Was offered only 3 drinks. Including the 305.

Like I said in my blog, it's an automatic upgrade from the ACs but knowing the food and drinks...if I need to do some work in the computer (and am not looking to eat) I'll just head to the AC.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
As I will have several hours between flights, I may rest at the lounge after my AA flight. The airport's website mentions a Skyride Connector which takes about 15 minutes to move between North and South terminals.

How long would it take to get to terminal J? To catch a midnight international flight, when would folks suggest leaving the lounge?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Sant
As I will have several hours between flights, I may rest at the lounge after my AA flight. The airport's website mentions a Skyride Connector which takes about 15 minutes to move between North and South terminals.

How long would it take to get to terminal J? To catch a midnight international flight, when would folks suggest leaving the lounge?
Considering the long walks and going through security again, I would leave the lounge 2 hours before. If not earlier.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Considering the long walks and going through security again, I would leave the lounge 2 hours before. If not earlier.
Agree it's a long walk (there is a moving sidewalk if you exit the terminal proper and go up to the parking/airtrain walkway level) so that can take up to 20 minutes. Security depends if you have access to a priority lane (don't think there's a PreCheck lane at this terminal entry) so that's the time consumer. I often find the entry at H less crowded and it does link to J corridor airside.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:31 pm

Smile Lie Down

Does the Miami Centurion Lounge have long leather chairs that provide guests the opportunity to stretch your legs and lie down similar to the 3 lounge seats in the Dallas Centurion Lounge? Love these lounges though.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Agree it's a long walk (there is a moving sidewalk if you exit the terminal proper and go up to the parking/airtrain walkway level) so that can take up to 20 minutes. Security depends if you have access to a priority lane (don't think there's a PreCheck lane at this terminal entry) so that's the time consumer. I often find the entry at H less crowded and it does link to J corridor airside.
Thanks. I'll remember to leave around 10pm and re-enter the secured area at H.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Looking forward to my first visit on Friday. It will be a welcome change from the two AAncient Admirals Clubs that have been the only offerings in D now for many years.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UN Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Uh oh

Sneeze bar just randomly shattered all over the food and on the floor.

Last edited by jepiv; Jul 10, 2015 at 6:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.