Wiki Posts
Search

[UK] Charge not appearing after 16 days

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

[UK] Charge not appearing after 16 days

Greetings, Peeps.

As per subject line, I made a purchase with my card literally 16 days ago (to be more specific: the transaction was made on a KLM flight), however this has yet to appear amongst my transactions and not only: my very latest [April] statement from a couple of days ago did not include that purchase.

Has anybody ever experienced a similar thing?

Thanks.

G
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Does it show up under "Pending Transactions" if you look online?

Also, as a related datapoint, I've found that duty free purchases onboard BA flights can take over a week to turn up, so it may not be that unexpected.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
If it was actually made in the air then sometimes it can weeks or months for these types of transactions to appear.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I had a purchase on UA take two months to appear on my statement. It'll be there eventually.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
This was in the US, but I once had a transaction at a gas station take three months to appear on my Corporate Green card.... I was making so many charges that truthfully I never noticed that it didn't post.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:25 pm

Less than 30 years ago it often took that long for a charge to appear as Amex would wait to receive an actual carbon copy of your signed receipt via postal mail from merchant and forward it to you via postal mail you with other receipts and ask that you pay the total.

Delays could easily be a month or more if the charge came from a far away place. Amex had three locations at the time in the USA alone WROC (Western Regional Operation Center), EROC and ?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much for all your responses - and I forgot to mention that the charge is not appearing on my pending transactions, however any purchase made abroad will not appear under that tab anyway. Thanks again and have a good Easter. P.S.: I'll report back once the charge appears in my statement. G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.