Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2014?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
My bill this month was 6 digits and they're not inviting me! Oh well.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
If you actually spend anytime reading this thread (or pre 2014 threads on this topic) you should pretty quickly realize that run rate will likely have you hearing crickets for quite a long time...

Regards
Really...That's totally contradictory to everything I've read. And I've read it all. It certainly sounds like a sustained run rate of over $300k per year is in the realm of consideration. If you have additional data, please do share.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent

3 years of Plat, use services, sustained $500k+ pa, varied high-end spend. Then you might be considered. They check your personal finances too so expect them to require top credit scores and high income profession (I imagine 1m+ or something).
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by lenet
Just an FYI i got my invitation mid December 2012. Spent about 1.5 million that year on the card, lots of business expenses, restaurants hotels and air travel. US cent personal, had the platinum for 3 years...

I had lost faith and got the invite after all.. don't give up
Was the bill for business expenses paid through your personal (bank) account?

I bet they couldn't tell the difference, since most folks put business expenses on business cards. So they thought ALL of that was personal spending.

There's an idea for all you folks who have business/personal cards. Put it all on the personal card regardless, if you can.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:32 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by kneeoh
So far THIS year... Well over that last year.
gotcha, im just about at 90k for the year so far, ~250 last year. nothing from amex yet
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold/ ADM Club, VS Gold, Global Entry, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Centurion Invite

Hi all,
Been reading some threads about this but they are from 2011 and earlier. I've been trying to get the centurion card for a few years now. I have the platinum card and have had it since 1996. I spend on average of 30,000 a month and a good chunk of that is on T+E. I call once every 2-3 months and get transferred to centurion new accounts and the only thing they say is that they flagged my account to show I was interested and that there is not yet an invitation.
(this is for personal card). Anyone have same issue or better yet any suggestions?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:29 pm

Centurion Invite

Your spend is pretty light for that card. You really need to amp it up if you want an invite. Perhaps you can acquire a bad coke problem?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Centurion Invite

Originally Posted by Father-of-3
Your spend is pretty light for that card. You really need to amp it up if you want an invite. Perhaps you can acquire a bad coke problem?
Good idea, but unfortunately dealers will only take cash or vanilla reload cards. I got my Centurion invite by buying and reselling endangered black rhino horns. I think that more closely matches the profile Amex is looking for.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Spoddy
Was the bill for business expenses paid through your personal (bank) account?

I bet they couldn't tell the difference, since most folks put business expenses on business cards. So they thought ALL of that was personal spending.

There's an idea for all you folks who have business/personal cards. Put it all on the personal card regardless, if you can.
Why do you say all have to be personal? They'll be completely fine with it being spent for business too
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:44 am

you do not need a platinum card to get a centurion card invite. at least in the past that was not a requirement
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Originally Posted by fletch512
Good idea, but unfortunately dealers will only take cash or vanilla reload cards. I got my Centurion invite by buying and reselling endangered black rhino horns. I think that more closely matches the profile Amex is looking for.
Hilarious!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by twar767
Hi all,
Been reading some threads about this but they are from 2011 and earlier. I've been trying to get the centurion card for a few years now. I have the platinum card and have had it since 1996. I spend on average of 30,000 a month and a good chunk of that is on T+E. I call once every 2-3 months and get transferred to centurion new accounts and the only thing they say is that they flagged my account to show I was interested and that there is not yet an invitation.
(this is for personal card). Anyone have same issue or better yet any suggestions?
The Centurion card was introduced in 1999, so if you were spending an average of 30k a year since then they should have offered it to you long time ago. Until 2009, you could call in after spending 250k in a year and pretty much get the Centurion card. It became invite only after that year. So it really depends on over what period of time you have been spending 30k a month.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Most of us with the centurion card are torn at best over its value (many are disappointed), due to the steady degradation of benefits. I wouldn't be stampeding the gates for one now. Platinum seems like a much better deal.
Old May 1, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
yup

Originally Posted by tangfish
Most of us with the centurion card are torn at best over its value (many are disappointed), due to the steady degradation of benefits. I wouldn't be stampeding the gates for one now. Platinum seems like a much better deal.
+1
Old May 1, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
newly minted

As a newly minted Centurion card holder (April 2014) I can say I have had a great experience so far. I have had them setup hotels, deal with delta on flights I already booked, car rentals in strange countries. I found the key is getting the email addresses of your assigned person in travel and your assigned person in the concierge. Instead of calling you just email requests. SOOOO much faster and easier.

The $7500 up front is a bit much, but the $2500 a year is reasonable in my estimation. The first time I used this card for a hotel it was in NYC and while a luxury brand it was not in Amex's fine hotel group. I had my centurion travel guy make the reservation. On checking in I got double upgraded to a corner suite and met the manager of the hotel while at the front desk. When I open a bar tab anywhere everyone stands up a little straighter and they always seem to find a way to get to me first. If I keep getting service and upgrades like that the $2500 will be recovered one way or another. Let's also not pretend that none of us think it is cool just to have anyway and there is value in that. Kinda like gambling $10k. You are going to lose the money, but it was fun doing it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.