Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] AMEX Biz RG 75k for $10k over 4 mos. 1st yr fee waived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] AMEX Biz RG 75k for $10k over 4 mos. 1st yr fee waived

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: aa
thats what happens when bloggers get hold of these links they die fast as amex gets bombarded with apps it cant keep up.Next time take it to the pm's if its not posted here how i suggested when i first said there was a 5k link.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by gv111
Damn! The 5 K offer was supposed to expire in Feb 2014 .
I e-mailed both of my sisters last night and told them about this offer. They asked if they must do it right away or it can wait a few days. I said the offers states it expires next February 2014, but I totally wouldn't trust and they should do it ASAP. They didn't, now it's dead - their loss.

Originally Posted by jada135
thats what happens when bloggers get hold of these links they die fast as amex gets bombarded with apps it cant keep up.Next time take it to the pm's if its not posted here how i suggested when i first said there was a 5k link.
You are right - I pointed out that someone posted the link already and then the link was re-posted (in my name no less, which is incorrect). However, the person who posted it said they took it from FTG so if it was there already then there was no way this could stay a secret. Oh, well.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
I waited and never should have If someone has a 75k / $5k link, feel free to PM me. I won't post it.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 8:02 pm

I actually tried to apply yesterday while this offer was active, but I received an error message that Amex was experiencing technical difficulties. When I tried again today, the offer was already expired. If anyone has a direct link to this offer, please send me a PM. Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Would appreciate a PM for the $5k offer as well -- I realize I started the thread, but would obviously prefer a $5k spend vs a $10k
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:39 pm

If anyone has a working link in the would appreciate a pm as well. Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:38 pm

Programs: aa
Offer is dead if theres a new link ill let you guys know
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
AMEX Biz RG 75k for $10k over 4 mos. 1st yr fee waived

Does the bus card have double points in supermarkets?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:44 am

AMEX Biz RG 75k for $10k over 4 mos. 1st yr fee waived

I'd appreciate a PM as well if another offer comes up. Should have jumped faster on this one . Ty in advance....
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by TravelMutt
Thanks for the link, Jada.

Not instantly approved. Bummer. Keep my fingers crossed.
Just got my approval.
Thanks, Jada!

That's a bummer that this ran out. Glad I applied quickly for my wife. I got the $10K spend back in September, and both of us just got the 50K Personal Gold cards.

Now, just keep hoping for another British Airways 50% bonus transfer... or should I do Singapore... hmmmm...
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
I got approved for the 10 K offer.

Can anybody pls tell me what is the default shipping method - UPS, FedEX, USPS? TIA
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:44 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by LeviFlight
Does the bus card have double points in supermarkets?

No, only personal cards do. Presumably because groceries are not generally a big expense for businesses!

They do have "select advertising" as a category, but I called them about this because I spend about 1K on print advertising every month, and they said print doesn't count... TV and Radio advertising only.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
They do have "select advertising" as a category, but I called them...TV and Radio advertising only
Also online. This is disclosed in the card terms:

Membership Rewards ® - Multiple Points on Purchases
Business Gold Rewards Card members will receive the following Membership Rewards points for each dollar of eligible purchases up to $100,000 in each category: (1) 3 points for purchases of airfare booked directly on scheduled U.S. and international passenger airlines; (2) 2 points for advertising purchases in the U.S. to promote your business in the following media channels: online, TV and radio;(3) 2 points for gasoline purchases at U.S. stand-alone gas stations; (4) 2 points for shipping services purchased in the U.S. for courier, postal, and freight. Each dollar of eligible purchases in these four categories in excess of the $100,000 cap will earn single points. The $100,000 cap resets for each of the four categories each calendar year. Charges at tour operators, charter airlines, superstores or warehouse clubs as well as all other eligible purchases will earn only single points. Eligible Purchases means purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Additional terms and restrictions apply. Merchants are typically assigned codes and categorized based on what they sell. Eligible purchases will receive only single points if the merchant code is not in a bonus category. Eligible purchases will receive only single points if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader or if the purchase is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party. In addition, eligible purchases will receive only single points if the purchase is not made directly from the provider of the goods or services.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:28 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Hmmm, thanks. Such a shame that print is excluded, since print is still a fairly common expense for small businesses. The TV advertising nixes plenty of us out of THAT particular category. It makes it seem like this card is designed for heavy hitters, not just your average Joe or Jill running a small business.

I'd be curious to know what qualifies as "online" advertising, since all of my web sites are business related. It would sure be nice if that was usable category. Web site hosts? GoDaddy for web addresses? Anyone getting bonus points for the "online" category?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:51 am

I applied for the $10K spending requirement card, and after calling I was approved.

Received the card yesterday and when I activated it, it was interesting for me that the Amex representative offered if I wanted to include some one in my account and suggested that I could include an employee and/or family members. The family members thing implies personal spending rather than purely business spending, anyone knows if this would not give me a problem with a FR?

Sorry to ask here if this was already discussed, I am super busy these days and to get to USD10K I wanted to use for some big spending I have to personally do in the next few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.