FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gengar
Official website: https://thecenturionlounge.com/locations/las/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge at LAS (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2021, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Closing at 3pm is incredibly early. It misses evening flights to the West Coast as well as red eye departures.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 9:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by seacarl
Closing at 3pm is incredibly early.
This will be temporary. CLT closed at 3pm for a couple of weeks, now open until 7pm.
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Popped in for lunch/dinner today for my first visit to this lounge and I really enjoyed the food. I know hold the fried Brussel Sprouts up there with the Coconut Braised Chicken at CLT lol. The only thing I tried that I felt was bland was the Penne Primavera. An associate there did mention they would be closing on February 5th to knock down the wall and finish the expansion project. He said they would be closed a week. Just thought I would pass that along.

Old Jan 23, 2021, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
What time are they closing now? I have a flight out of LAS in March
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
What time are they closing now? I have a flight out of LAS in March
The "Find an Airport Lounge" in the AMEX app says hours are 7a-3p which is consistent with signage I saw when I was there ~ a week ago.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 7:25 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I used the Cent. Lounge in T4 JFK, I was on a fit to LAS, they should have noted that the LAS Cent. Lounge had reopened.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 12:05 pm

Adherence to the face mask policy is weak at the LAS Centurion Lounge and staff does not seem proactive in asking people to put masks on when not eating. I saw numerous people conversing and devicing without masks and with no food in sight, merely a beverage that they didn't touch for long periods. With the variants of the virus, not wearing the mask unless actively eating is both foolish and disrespectful to everyone else as well as dangerous.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 12:37 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Adherence to the face mask policy is weak at the LAS Centurion Lounge and staff does not seem proactive in asking people to put masks on when not eating. I saw numerous people conversing and devicing without masks and with no food in sight, merely a beverage that they didn't touch for long periods. With the variants of the virus, not wearing the mask unless actively eating is both foolish and disrespectful to everyone else as well as dangerous.
I do not agree with you on that one, as I was there yesterday and the separation between tables/parties/people was being perfectly enforced. Anyone that stand up to go get a drink or food, always put their masks back on, and only removed it when they were seating down eating, drinking or having a chat with their own groups. All servers and lounge employees wore their masks 100% of the time and also shields at the bar. If you are that afraid of the new variants, then the stay at home order is for you and travel should be avoided at all costs. Why would you even travel on a full of people metal tube when you know your seat mate is going to remove his/her mask to drink water or eat, increasing the possibilities of you being exposed.

I, actually, had an amazing time at the Centurion Lounge @ LAS and the food (both breakfast and lunch) was delicious. staff was incredible too.
SNA_Flyer and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 1:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Centurion Lounge published rule
Wearing a face covering is required while visiting the lounge except when eating or drinking.
I saw numerous people conversing and devicing without masks and with no food in sight, merely a beverage that they didn't touch for long periods.
Originally Posted by carlitos
.... removed it when they were seating down eating, drinking or having a chat with their own groups.
It sounds as if you both saw people talking without masks. It appears (to me) that this does not comply with the published rule.
seacarl and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 1:17 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by mia
It sounds as if you both saw people talking without masks. It appears (to me) that this does not comply with the published rule.
Again, we should thank them they are open during Pandemia instead of complaining about them enforcing people to cover their faces every single second.

I also saw during my 3 and a half hour flight tons of people not covering their faces completely while not even drinking or eating. That I could see when I was walking to the bathroom all the way to the back of the plane. No flight attendant told them anything, as they were back in the galley reading their Ipads. But they clearly had a published rule that they communicated at the beginning of the flight about only removing it to eat or drink.

In the end, we shouldn't be traveling inside the USA either, but we are ... https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g-covid19.html
Old Jan 28, 2021, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
I do not agree with you on that one, as I was there yesterday and the separation between tables/parties/people was being perfectly enforced. Anyone that stand up to go get a drink or food, always put their masks back on, and only removed it when they were seating down eating, drinking or having a chat with their own groups. All servers and lounge employees wore their masks 100% of the time and also shields at the bar. If you are that afraid of the new variants, then the stay at home order is for you and travel should be avoided at all costs. Why would you even travel on a full of people metal tube when you know your seat mate is going to remove his/her mask to drink water or eat, increasing the possibilities of you being exposed.
It sounds like you do not value universal masking as an important intervention that reduces Covid-19 transmission in indoor spaces.

Yes, the staff seated us at a distance from others. That doesn't change that for our brief (20 minute) stay, at the table nearest to us where two men, looked to me late 20's in age, that were seated face to each other and engaged in active conversation and periodic devicing. Neither of them wore a mask during our entire stay. Neither of them ate anything during our stay. They had a drink on their table but didn't much use it.

At the next nearest table was a single older man, 40's or 50's in age. He was using his phone for most of the time of our stay. He was also not wearing a mask. He had no food but had a drink.

Conversation/speaking increases the risk of Covid transmission by about a factor of 10 versus just breathing. Masked is clearly better than unmasked.

The lounge staff, while masked, at no time asked any of them to put on their mask. It's entirely possible to have a conversation or phone call while wearing your mask. It's possible to pull it down for a sip and pull it back up.

As to why and how I was traveling, I can assure you that it wasn't frivolous and was essential; that I wasn't in LV for any leisure reason (and in fact LV was neither destination or origin, rather about two hours away from where I was coming and the nearest airport with a non-stop flight to my destination, and that I was traveling together with a household member who shared the row with me and we wore N95 masks which I bought from costco.com So no need to judge the reason or method by which I was traveling.

I feel that the LAS lounge experience would be safer if the staff were more proactive about enforcing mask usage. And it needs to be staff as they have authority.
Nevsky, Cat88L3 and IndyHoosier like this.

Last edited by seacarl; Jan 28, 2021 at 2:42 pm
Old Feb 16, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: Centurion
Who's been here since they re-opened with the expanded space? They closed the 2/5(I believe) and were planning on being shut down a week to open up the new sections. Anyone seen it?

Last edited by TayEll; Feb 16, 2021 at 4:30 pm
Old Feb 16, 2021, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It sounds like you do not value universal masking as an important intervention that reduces Covid-19 transmission in indoor spaces.

Yes, the staff seated us at a distance from others. That doesn't change that for our brief (20 minute) stay, at the table nearest to us where two men, looked to me late 20's in age, that were seated face to each other and engaged in active conversation and periodic devicing. Neither of them wore a mask during our entire stay. Neither of them ate anything during our stay. They had a drink on their table but didn't much use it.

At the next nearest table was a single older man, 40's or 50's in age. He was using his phone for most of the time of our stay. He was also not wearing a mask. He had no food but had a drink.

Conversation/speaking increases the risk of Covid transmission by about a factor of 10 versus just breathing. Masked is clearly better than unmasked.

The lounge staff, while masked, at no time asked any of them to put on their mask. It's entirely possible to have a conversation or phone call while wearing your mask. It's possible to pull it down for a sip and pull it back up.

As to why and how I was traveling, I can assure you that it wasn't frivolous and was essential; that I wasn't in LV for any leisure reason (and in fact LV was neither destination or origin, rather about two hours away from where I was coming and the nearest airport with a non-stop flight to my destination, and that I was traveling together with a household member who shared the row with me and we wore N95 masks which I bought from costco.com So no need to judge the reason or method by which I was traveling.

I feel that the LAS lounge experience would be safer if the staff were more proactive about enforcing mask usage. And it needs to be staff as they have authority.
Personally, I see the lounge as basically a restaurant. Nobody keeps their masks on at tables in a restaurant. If you're not comfortable with that, it's probably best not to visit lounges either. A good percentage of the population is nowhere near as fearful as you are. And you can't expect the staff to be Mask Police.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
Personally, I see the lounge as basically a restaurant. Nobody keeps their masks on at tables in a restaurant. If you're not comfortable with that, it's probably best not to visit lounges either. A good percentage of the population is nowhere near as fearful as you are. And you can't expect the staff to be Mask Police.
To the contrary. You can't expect the patrons to enforce the rules, only the staff can do that.

It's not exactly a restaurant. It's a combination of a restaurant and a lounge/waiting area. You are right that an indoor restaurant is a relatively dangerous place in Covid. It can be made less dangerous if everyone wears a mask unless they are actively eating. That's not that much of an imposition. Frankly it also protects the employees. Most of the time we are not actively eating when we are in a lounge. Make the sacrifice to protect the employees and your fellow travelers. And if you won't, then leave the lounge. And yes, the employees need to enforce it.
Nevsky, Cat88L3 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To the contrary. You can't expect the patrons to enforce the rules, only the staff can do that.

It's not exactly a restaurant. It's a combination of a restaurant and a lounge/waiting area. You are right that an indoor restaurant is a relatively dangerous place in Covid. It can be made less dangerous if everyone wears a mask unless they are actively eating. That's not that much of an imposition. Frankly it also protects the employees. Most of the time we are not actively eating when we are in a lounge. Make the sacrifice to protect the employees and your fellow travelers. And if you won't, then leave the lounge. And yes, the employees need to enforce it.
I understand your position. I just don't think it's tenable. And as states like Florida with far fewer restrictions doing the same or better as states with lots of restrictions, you're going to see increasing numbers of travelers not following the strict Covid protocols that you prefer. And that's not even counting the vaccinated, many of whom will also be less inclined to follow your protocols. It's just a recipe for friction in a dining environment. I don't see how you will be happy in such setting for the foreseeable future. Best to just avoid lounges, I think..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.