Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I applied and got approved for the plat! Now I've got a few questions for the AMEX experts out there. When does the 450 fee hit, is it the month of activation? Do you need to sign up for MR as well or is this automatic? Does the Priority Pass card come with the AMEX welcome pack? Thanks in advance for the expert knowledge
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by m3m3m3
This deal has already hit slickdeals.net and blogs.. Will be interesting to see if Amex will renege on the 100k bonus points...
Amex won't renege but chances are the deal will be pulled by tomorrow like the Delta Amex offer whereas it could have lasted a bit longer had it not hit SD.

Thanks to jimmicka for sharing it on FT first.

Also if you read the thread, spending beans are being spilled as well.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I applied and got approved for the plat! Now I've got a few questions for the AMEX experts out there. When does the 450 fee hit, is it the month of activation? Do you need to sign up for MR as well or is this automatic? Does the Priority Pass card come with the AMEX welcome pack? Thanks in advance for the expert knowledge
It'll hit on your first statement in a few weeks. You are automatically enrolled in Membership Rewards. You have to go to http://www.americanexpress.com/platinum once you have your card to enroll in Priority Pass as well as other benefits.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:34 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
In my case I already have a MR account - prom a Buisness Gold card I got last summer for 75K points.

I assume when the cards come (I got both Plat and PRG tonight) and I call to activate them, I can just give them my existing MR number to link to, and it's no big deal - right?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:35 pm

Debating. I just got a Delta Reserve last week and was about to apply for a Reserve Business. Adding a 3rd card in less than 2 weeks may be pushing it.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
In my case I already have a MR account - prom a Buisness Gold card I got last summer for 75K points.

I assume when the cards come (I got both Plat and PRG tonight) and I call to activate them, I can just give them my existing MR number to link to, and it's no big deal - right?
Your MR number will be automatically linked - both to business and personal accounts.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Has anyone NOT been instantly approved? I'm beginning to wonder, given that Slickdeals and other sites have mentioned this, that I haven't really seen anyone say they haven't been approved; which is kinda strange.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dhy8386
Debating. I just got a Delta Reserve last week and was about to apply for a Reserve Business. Adding a 3rd card in less than 2 weeks may be pushing it.
I did an AOR in November, 2 cards last month, and was still instantly approved for the Amex Platinum. 10 yrs credit history, no negative marks.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Has anyone NOT been instantly approved? I'm beginning to wonder, given that Slickdeals and other sites have mentioned this, that I haven't really seen anyone say they haven't been approved; which is kinda strange.

my application is under review. It is normal since this is 5th Ame cards i applied during past 60 days. I just can't help...
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980
my application is under review. It is normal since this is 5th Ame cards i applied during past 60 days. I just can't help...
should i call reconsideration line now?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Belllaaa
I gust got the Amex Mercedes Benz platinum with the 50k last month. Do you think I have a chance to get the regular platinum or the gold and get the bonus again? I really don't want to miss this great offer.
Exact same situation. Sent Amex a SM about a match this afternoon when the deal first exploded and heard back this evening: we can't match this new offer, which was not available when you applied for your card.

Guess I'll try calling tomorrow, but I had heard Amex was notoriously stingy about matching new and better offers.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:49 pm

Programs: VX Silver
Both my wife and I got instantly approved for 100k. Now to do the spend!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:50 pm

So i have a platinum amex and my wife is a gold under my account. what can i apply for?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:51 pm

Programs: All of Them
can't get the app to load...
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:51 pm

Applied and Approved.
I will be purchasing AA gift cards hoping they will get reimbursed.

But I do also think the approval rate is bit too high for the platinum card......

Just received an email from Amex for the approval with the last 5 digits of the acct number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.