Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Transaction was posted on 1/11 or occurred on 1/11?
My transaction was on 1/11, though it didn't post until either yesterday or today. I know when I logged into my Amex account first thing this morning, I did not have the MR points, but a couple of hours later, it did show up. So, i'd say within 2-3 business days of meeting your spend, the points will post...maybe less, like 1-2 business days.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: United Silver
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
Same thing here. Yes via phone, No via secure message. I do not really know what to make of it? Is it worth spending 3000 USD to see what happens?
I'd fight it via SM, submit screenshots and cite the phone conversation. I wouldn't spend a dime (or activate the card) until you know you will get the 100k MR. I confirmed via phone when i received my card and then sent a SM to confirm in writing. I got a message back saying that they wouldnt know the specifics of my offer for 72 hours and to check back in...a little unsettling because I had just confirmed on the phone. I checked back in today and they confirmed the 100k MR.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
My transaction was on 1/11, though it didn't post until either yesterday or today. I know when I logged into my Amex account first thing this morning, I did not have the MR points, but a couple of hours later, it did show up. So, i'd say within 2-3 business days of meeting your spend, the points will post...maybe less, like 1-2 business days.
Thanks for the quick reply. My transactions occurred on Sat Jan 12 and were posted this morning.. Now I have to wait couple of days to see if 100K posts to my MR account.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: Hilton-Gold
I met my spending in 4 days(thanks to CVS in LA area) and I see 100000 points as pending.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
I missed this one real bad. Have been waiting for a good Amex offer for my next apps (skipped on last two). Is there a way to get alerted instantly any time a new post is posted on FT or milesbzz specifically, via email or some other feed?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:53 am

anyone got bonus after having same card within 12 months?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Got this reply today to my question of eligibility. Since I had a PRG card I was 99% expecting a no-dice.

As per your request, I have gone ahead and reviewed your account once again.

Our system is currently showing that, since you have an active Premier Rewards Gold Card (ending in xxxxx), I am afraid that you would not receive the 100,000 Membership Rewards bonus points.

Please understand that we are bound by certain Policies and Procedures and sometimes we may not be able to completely satisfy your needs due to this reason.

If you have any further concerns, please feel free to write back and we will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

[Name removed]
Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services
Oh well, I will call tonight and not activate the card.

Last edited by mia; Jan 14, 2013 at 11:55 am Reason: Please do not publish names of American Express employees.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
did you pay your 3000 USD bill first, or did the points simply show up once you had met the min spend?

question simply: are you guys getting the 100.000 points before paying your 3000 USD spend?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:04 pm
Used to be highman123

This might be old news but I applied for Platinum first and then Gold.

I spend 1k on Gold last week and just confirmed bonus via SM. Points are already pending.

100k bonus for Platinum has been confirmed via SM as well. So this is really 154k MR
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by kendenton
Got this reply today to my question of eligibility. Since I had a PRG card I was 99% expecting a no-dice.

I have an outstanding PRG as well and therefore I didn't apply. The punchline is, since you were approved and recieved a PLAT card, does this exclude you from another PLAT signup bonus within 12 month?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: AOPA
what was your question?

What was your message to them? exactly..

Originally Posted by kendenton

Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:54 pm

Good news for those with the MB version of the card - looks like the 100K will be honored as a separate product.

Opened the MB Plat back in December, hit the spend requirement, and have 50K pending from that card.

Was able to get in on the current Plat offer, and hit the 3K spend last week.

Account shows the following now under my pending points:

Card Account Statement Points Pending
Platinum CardŽ -XXXX - 100,000
Mercedes-Benz Platinum CardŽ -XXXX Dec 2012 2,535
Mercedes-Benz Platinum CardŽ -XXXX - 50,000 Total Pending Points: 152,535

My PLAT purchase points are still waiting to post, but looks like the bonus is already pending.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by EWRHKG
got 100k pending on my amex plat and 50k pending on my amex gold... Applied for both cards the same day and was approved... Bought vanilla cards right away at my local cvs... Amex is fast about posting points this time.
Originally Posted by highman123
This might be old news but I applied for Platinum first and then Gold.

I spend 1k on Gold last week and just confirmed bonus via SM. Points are already pending.

100k bonus for Platinum has been confirmed via SM as well. So this is really 154k MR
I'm definitely interested to hear more from those who successfully earned bonuses for the Platinum and PRG simultaneously.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 1:02 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Decisions decisions... I need to figure out which Airline to get my $200 in GC's with!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
did you pay your 3000 USD bill first, or did the points simply show up once you had met the min spend?

question simply: are you guys getting the 100.000 points before paying your 3000 USD spend?
No, i have not paid my bill yet. I did one $3K charge and bought Amex gift cards. Prolly not the smartest way to meet spend, but since I've been buying them with other cards, I figured i'm safe. But i've been using it for other things as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.