Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Amex- which bills can you pay with it?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2004, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
BA Amex- which bills can you pay with it?

Can you pay phone/gas/ electric etc with it? I pay my freeserve account so far and am wondering what other monthly payments can be made?
Old Mar 16, 2004, 6:23 am

You can pay your mobile phone bill. Well Orange or T mobile for sure.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 5:29 pm

Programs: I've got three passports, A couple of visas, Don't even know my real name.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fiona:
Can you pay phone/gas/ electric etc with it? I pay my freeserve account so far and am wondering what other monthly payments can be made?</font>
I tried to pay for my (Halifax) house insurance on Amex but they wouldn't accept it. Visa was fine though.

As for the others, it sounds like a great idea - give them a call and ask!
Old Mar 16, 2004, 5:41 pm

Programs: BA, LH, BD
you can for tube/ train passes
Old Mar 16, 2004, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

managed to get Sky payments changed from DD to Amex!Also Vodafone and waiting to hear from my gym.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 1:08 am

Direct Line Take Amex.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 3:05 am
NFH
Suspended

Programs: BA bronze, Hilton gold, Marriott gold, IHG plat, Meliá gold, Radisson gold, Hyatt disc, AmexPlat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fiona:
managed to get Sky payments changed from DD to Amex!</font>
When did Sky start taking Amex? I've been trying for years to pay my Sky subscription by Amex instead of Visa, but Sky always tell me they don't accept Amex.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Re Sky
I phoned yesterday. They wouldn't do anything then as it is in my husbands name but I was told that I could pay by Amex.
Re Direct Line
That is great news! I have my car and house insurance with them.
Old Mar 20, 2004, 11:33 am
NFH
Suspended

Programs: BA bronze, Hilton gold, Marriott gold, IHG plat, Meliá gold, Radisson gold, Hyatt disc, AmexPlat
Re Sky
I phoned yesterday. They wouldn't do anything then as it is in my husbands name but I was told that I could pay by Amex.
Re Direct Line
That is great news! I have my car and house insurance with them.
</font>
I've just been speaking to Sky and they say that they still don't accept Amex. Given the information above, I asked them to check with a supervisor, but the answer was still no.
Old Mar 20, 2004, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Re Sky
My husband is on an oil platform at the moment but will let you know when he does contact them. Perhaps I just got someone on the phone who doesn't know what he is talking about( and I thought it was only BA who employed them!!!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.