Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Why Doesn't the U.S. Platinum Card Include Fairmont Gold?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2004, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC

As a new member here I've been poking around looking at old threads. I've learned a lot, including the fact that Canadian platinum cardholders get complimentary membership in the Fairmont Hotels Presidents Club gold level.

Does anyone know why this benefit doesn't apply to U.S. cardholders? I understand them negotiating different agreements based on the demographics they're trying to attract, but wouldn't it make more sense for AmEx to negotiate a single set of benefits for cardholders anywhere in the world?

------------------
CO plat, UA prem; Marriott plat, Hyatt plat, Hilton gold, Starwood gold; Avis select, Hertz 5-star, all the others base level...
Old Jan 2, 2004, 8:57 am

Actually, I'm pretty sure it IS available to US cardholders as well. Check out this thread from the AC archives which seems to reference that it is.

I'd call Fairmont at 888-298-4924 and mention you are Platinum Card holder and see what they say. They might want a registration code which I don't recall, but it is somewhere in the AC forum and/or its archive.

[This message has been edited by pdjcrawford (edited Jan 02, 2004).]
Old Jan 3, 2004, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
That worked like a charm! Thank you so much for the information and the suggestion.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 5:59 pm

Glad to be of help... and welcome to FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.