Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer MR Points between countries??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Transfer MR Points between countries??

I can probably imagine the answer, but I am holding AMEX in two different countries and was wondering whether it's possible to transfer them from one card to the other. Reason for that is that the conversion ratio in the UK is better...

Probably to good to be true, but who knows - well hopefully someone here does
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:34 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This is not a published benefit, but customer service may do it on an exception basis. Be aware that if they make the transfer the quantity of points will be adjusted to reflect the current exchange rate between the two currencies. For example, if you transfer from a GBP account to a USD account the quantity would increase by about 60%, but if you transfer from a USD account to a GBP account the quantity would be reduced.

In which currencies are your card issued, and what is the program to which you intend to transfer?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold
I tried to transfer MR points from my US-issued Plat to my International Dollar Plat over the Summer and was told by Amex in the US and also Amex ICC in the UK it couldn't be done.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Mia, I have one in EUR and one in GBP, thinking about transferring to Club Carlson which in the UK is 3to1 and under the EUR card only 2to1.

100,000 MR points right now translate to 200,000 CC points
EUR to GBP exchange rate is roughly 0.80 so in theory my points would convert to 80,000.

These would then convert to 240,000 CC points, which is about a night more, so worth it in my opinion, if it's fairly simple to do.

I guess try my luck calling customer service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.