Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer between Starwood cards?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2003, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Transfer between Starwood cards?

hey all, i've been lurking for a while and learning a lot...my question deals with transferring points within starwood, not between programs...right now i am in med school and my wife is in vet school, so there's a lot of tuition to be paid between us, but no income...i recently tried to obtain the starwood card and was turned down (no income) even though i have other cards and a good credit history...so i will try to get my parents to open an account and make my wife and i secondary card holders...here's the question

in 2 years when we start getting an income, can we transfer those points over to an account that we open up then?

thank you for any insight, i couldn;t get the CSR to understand what i was talking about
Old Nov 24, 2003, 1:30 pm

There is no reason for Amex employees to know the details of transferring points between Starwood accounts.

There are loopholes that would permit the transfer. A search in the Starwood forum will tell you more than you need to know.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 2:47 pm

Join Starwood Preferred Guest first at SPG.com and write down the assigned account number. Then (with parents permission) go online to apply for an SPG AmEx card in one of their names but provide the SPG number assigned to you. In the additional card holder portion of the application put your name. All SPG points earned by the card will then go each month into your SPG account.

When the AmEx cards are issued, lock the primary one issued to your parent into a drawer and go online to get a free additional card on the same account for your wife. Her spending will also then acrue to your SPG account.

When you both start making an income, your wife can become a primary card holder on a new SPG account & AmEx card with you as an additional card holder. All the points earned on this new account will then acrue to her SPG account. Even though SPG does not allow "joint" accounts, they will allow you to migle points from two accounts to claim an award.

Old Nov 24, 2003, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

thanks so much...that's an excellent idea to link my SPG # with their account, and just use it as my own...i was pretty bummed, but now you've just made my day....thanks all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.